PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 01-17-2011, 06:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.27 GB
Rob

I've greatly admired those models but could never bring myself to spending that kind of money, especially with shipping costs added in. It was great to see your S-5 years ago at the convention. It was a great representation of how those kits look after completion. Then again, you are an expert in working with metallized paper. It was only a few years ago that I finally decided to buy a Hooton kit only to find that they were no longer available. (I also envied your Old Timer's Desmoiselle, which also isn't available anymore).

Bob
Old 02-05-2011, 09:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Well - here is something of an answer to a related question. Joe Bloom of Canton Ohio used to be the US distributor for Hooton Models. I wrote to his old address, and the letter just came back to me today, marked "Return to sender, vacant unable to forward." So the trail goes colder.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.42 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Not in the interest of piracy, but in the interest of digitizing and externalize his work, it too bad someone could not get permission from his wife or estate to try and scan his work, preserving it, either for sale, or posterity, as Mr Zorn has done with his Ford TriMotor. It would be a shame to lose his legacy. This was the first thread I read today and could not respond till now as it saddened me. Shifting sands of time.
If anyone could organise permission, I have a number of unbuilt Hooton models on my Shelf of Doom that could be used as masters. But it would take a large range of skills to reproduce them - they contain various types of material including waterslide decals, pre-painted vacform parts, profile-etched brass and rubber tyres.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
Zathros & Hatsudoki
I have DH 60G Gypsy Moth "Jason" on Aluminum, dark Green (painted sheet) and
White card. "Decals" are computer printed on Avery label paper. Has some photo-
etch, plastic, wood and wire parts. A booklet (poorly printed) with history of the
DH 60 series and step-by-step building instructions.
Also have the Comper CLA7 Swift. Three versions, prototype G-AARX, Gipsy Swift
G-ABWW and Pobjoy powered G-ACTF.
They are marked 1/25th scale.
Cheers, Bob
Old 11-22-2011, 03:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Comper swift

Hi Bob,

Im just about to undertake a 1/3 RC model of the comper swift and want to do it as G-ABWW in the kings colours (red, blue, white trim and silver wings, tail and cowl) but i cant find a good picture to work form. A friend said that the hooton paper model company did one in just such a scheme can you confirm this.

cheers

Dave
Google Adsense
Old 11-22-2011, 03:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Comper Swift

Hi Bob,

Im just about to undertake a 1/3 rc scale model of the comper swift and would like to do it in the kings colours G-ABWW. However i cant find a good picture / 3 view anywhere of this scheme (red, blue, white trim, silver wings, tailplane and cowl) A friend but me on to the hooton card models however i have discovered they are no longer available, can you confirm that it is the scheme on the card model

cheers

Dave
Old 11-24-2011, 03:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 469.82 MB
Has anyone tried contacting Peter's family to see if the master prints or files still exist?
I may still have an address as Peter wrote to me in the early 2000's.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Perhaps one of our UK or continental correspondents would like to attempt contacting the family of Mr. Richardson. I had no further leads on Joe Bloom. If we can get teh permission, I have the Deperdussin (which comes with a built up motor in metal), a DH 82 Tiger Moth, and a DH 89 Dragon Rapide, all unbuilt.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:48 AM

Still looking through my paper files to find the letter Peter wrote to me and will follow it through with a letter to his wife when found.
I have a half started Tiger Moth and can confirm that when finished they look superb, I do not think that I have the skills to complete my one and do it justice as it is now a rare commodity and if I ruin it it will be gone forever.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:47 AM

Latest info

The only info I have is from 1998 and is as follows:
Hooton Aircraft, Hanger Two, Hooten Park Aerodrome, N. Road, EllesmerePort, South Wirral, L65 1BQ, England
or 15 Percy Street, Liverpool, L8 7LT, England
Telephone 0151 709 7803
email [email protected]

From Peter's letter it looks like the telephone used to be manned by his wife.
I am reluctant to contact his family and feel that first contact should be from an adminstrator. Once this is established I would be more than happy to carry on the contact as I am here in the UK and postal/telephone contact is no problem. Should the administrators wish me to carry on I would appreciate a PM to help with the wording of any email/letter/telephone conversation.

Martin (malachite)
Google Adsense