PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-02-2011, 01:05 PM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
Hello Martin, i just made your request a topic in the admin's lounge, we'll keep you informed, i find this thread very interesting and if we can help or preserve something here as a community it would be great
Old 12-17-2011, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
The Hooton models were , and still are , great little kits its a pity to learn of the passing of their creator.I've got a Rapide and Tiger Moth stashed away perhaps I should dust them off now .
Cheers to all. Andy W
Old 02-14-2012, 05:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 469.82 MB
Administator help required

Since my last posting in October I have yet to hear from the administrators as to whether it should be me or them that contact Peter's wife with regard to the future use of his models/files.
These models, when made correctly, are truly fantastic and should not be lost to the modelling world. If they can be resurected for all to enjoy I am certain that Peter's widow would welcome it as well as a possible modest capital return. I know that I am willing to buy more.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I learned about the Hooten models a few years ago. I tracked down and contacted the US distributor, Joe Bloom, who was unwilling to sell his remaining stocks. I wanted that Rapide in the worst way! What has become of him since I know not.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Sad to learn of Mr. Richardson's passing. I have his DH 83 Fox Moth, unbuilt, of G-ACDD, the personal aircraft of HRH Edward, The Prince of Wales. It's a beauty in red and blue. Bought in March 2003 for £ 50 postpaid to USA. I'd forgotten that a very nice P/E brass fret of parts was included (struts, windscreen frame, instrument panel, etc.).
Also had (but sold) the DH89 Dragon Rapide G-ACZE in Prince of Wales Guards' Livery (£ 60) also a beauty. For a 1:25 scale, pre-colored scale model with interior, the price was understandable considering the prices now for Tamiya or Trumpeter models in 1:32 or Airfix 1:24 items, which require labor-intensive paint and decaling.
The problem now is to not build it, as once built, such models are quite vulnerable to progressive deterioration, at least in my experience...
Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2016, 04:06 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 36.49 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to bloomohio
Smile Hooton models

WELL I AM BACK ! yes I was the USA distributor long ago and do not know when he died until now. I had talked to his widow long ago. At the time the models did not sell well in US, because of price $50 was a lot for paper models in 1998. I still have several of his build ups and unbuild models in original boxes and one he only send drawings of which I printed on my own printer. the ones I have only one of as over the years I sold a few at model shows before paper models went electronic! If anyone out there is interested please contact me as I also have huge collection of most out of print Polish models and copies of old French models from 1940s!
Old 07-22-2016, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
Welcome back, Joe Bloom. Glad to hear from you. Are you still in St. Louis or thereabouts (if memory serves)? I left you a PM.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:03 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 36.49 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to bloomohio
Talking Hooton models

yes I lived in st. lu but left in 1972 and did not start paper models until early 1970s in Ohio starting with MM from Poland and been hooked ever since but stopped building after I retired, only continuing with collecting new designs!