Quote:
Originally Posted by goodduck View Post
WOW! Looks like I better make a "Do not give to list" and put TOM on it. :D
You already did.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Man View Post
While you are correct about piracy (I take that meaning in re-selling and making a monetary profit)

Soaslong it is not re-sold by someone that obtained it for free. And that there is the fine line I believe in what you call pirated.
Monetary gain is only one form of Piracy.

The "fine line" in what is being called pirated is very clear as a matter of fact and is not a "fine line".

Definitions:
pirate - copy illegally; of published material LINKED FROM

the unauthorized use of another's production, invention, or conception especially in infringement of a copyright LINKED FROM

(search on google "define: internet piracy") Copyright infringement (or copyright violation) is the unauthorized or prohibited use of works covered by copyright law, in a way that violates one of the copyright owner's exclusive rights, such as the right to reproduce or perform the copyrighted work, or to make derivative works. LINKED FROM

Unlawfully transmitting software or other copyrighted material; or providing infringing material that enables users to violate copyright protection mechanisms in software over the Internet. LINKED FROM
Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 AM
Aviation Moderator

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Hummmmm................interesting. I guess next time if find a $100 bill laying on a busy sidewalk I will ask all the passer-by who it belongs to eah?
Your analogy ends right here. The hundred dollar bill in this case is not lying on the ground, but in somebody's pocket. Or better yet, it's fake. Yes, you will get in trouble for walking into a store and trying to use a counterfeit $100, whether you are the one making it or not.
Old 03-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker View Post
You already did.

No he didn't. He made a "I am going to give this too", list. You just weren't on it. So weren't 99% of the membership. Besides, the future holds promise. One of those "cup half empty/half full things. He a stated his reasoning quite clearly, which he did not have to do at all, and some possible future intent. The door might not be closed on this, it may re-open in another manner, i.e., the ability to purchase. The posts made recently on this thread are exactly why some people, including myself, are reticent to release their designs. I have been recipient of some incredible gifts from this forums membership, and was shocked (and still am) every time.

In would be convenient to have a virtual Panhard to post from. The better to defend yourself or others from the slings and arrows, and that Panhard sure comes with a lot of armament options. That is one beautiful model. Ervins really does appreciate e-mails thanking him and did take the time to respond. So, don't forget to thank him!

ervins.kungs(AT)gmail.com.
Attached Thumbnails
Panhard AML-90-panhard_aml-90_img_2308.jpg  
Old 03-13-2011, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 12.31 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to The Omega Man
I see there are opinion and there are opinions. What I tired to use as example seem to go over some of your heads but that is your right to do so. I again state for the record that I did not promote by listing any links or would give info in finding anything by violating your rules. Seems to be one of those touchy subject that some people here must make money on selling their goods at any particular forum and don't want it disturbed in any fashion.

What I state was you can find "free" stuff if you want to. Sometimes it's a lot of work and sometimes it's easy. As to whether or not if is legitimacy free is up to you to find out. There are many, many, many, paper models for free and as to their legitimacy it might be listed as such. And it might not. How would one really know for sure is a good question you should post here at the forum and list guidelines in finding out. Some of you may be mistaking because there is a thing called; expiration of copywriter and no longer published or circulated material. Now just think how sad that is when a great treasure (of whatever media) is no longer for sale and has been lost from circulation. I guess that person is out of luck in ever finding it again unless another individual has it and is willing to sell it or upload it as a gift? If you spend countless hours trying to find it on the net and low and behold found it on a busy sidewalk are you then going to spend a lot of time finding out if it is pirated or not? Especially when other paper model websites look and act just like yours with many members having discussion groups and model build-ups, again just like yours? You tell me friend as this was not what I posted the first time. You guys are in a defense mode riled up for nothing, when nothing was violated by me saying you can find stuff for "free" if you tried.

Now, if you want to take the time and effort in supporting what you say. How about making a list of all the "pirated" websites on the world wide Internet not to go to and download from? Be it legit or ill-legit material from? I bet you won't! I did nothing wrong and make no apologies for your mistaking assumptions. It is up to the individual to determined what treasure they should throw back into the sea or to keep in which they find. But I WILL NOT tell you where I found mine. So hopefully that will ease your mine. Have a pleasant day and don't be so offended by throwing sticks and stones next time when it was other members here that asked the question in the first place as to the AML-90. So folks are so damn sensitive and need a tissue all the time.
Google Adsense
Old 03-13-2011, 10:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 709.4 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
The posts made recently on this thread are exactly why some people, including myself, are reticent to release their designs. I have been recipient of some incredible gifts from this forums membership, and was shocked (and still am) every time.

Ervins really does appreciate e-mails thanking him and did take the time to respond. So, don't forget to thank him!
I was sure to thank him, and just got the reply back from him.

Quote:
I see there are opinion and there are opinions. What I tired to use as example seem to go over some of your heads but that is your right to do so. I again state for the record that I did not promote by listing any links or would give info in finding anything by violating your rules. Seems to be one of those touchy subject that some people here must make money on selling their goods at any particular forum and don't want it disturbed in any fashion.
Sounds a little high and mighty there chief.

Quote:
You guys are in a defense mode riled up for nothing, when nothing was violated by me saying you can find stuff for "free" if you tried.
If you wrote a novel, and got it published, then someone took your book, scanned it and uploaded it to the net for anyone to view for free, I bet your tune would change, especially since those who pirate material tend to take credit for the work themselves. (by your reasoning, they DID go through the hard work of stealing your work, and uploading it, then selling it, so they DESERVE all the credit, don't they?)

Quote:
Now, if you want to take the time and effort in supporting what you say. How about making a list of all the "pirated" websites on the world wide Internet not to go to and download from?
that is an impossible task as new sites are popping up every minute.

Quote:
I did nothing wrong and make no apologies for your mistaking assumptions. It is up to the individual to determined what treasure they should throw back into the sea or to keep in which they find. ~~~~ So folks are so damn sensitive and need a tissue all the time.
again with the "It's not my fault" routine. and as far as your views on the "sensitive" world. You sir, can Kiss my ass, and go to whatever Hell you believe in. it's Jackwagons like yourself who are making Honesty, Integrity, and respect a thing of the past. Look up "Personal responsibility" in the dictionary. you will learn a few things. Im done with this Joker.

End of Line!

http://dented-rick.deviantart.com/
Old 03-13-2011, 10:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
Quote:
How about making a list of all the "pirated" websites on the world wide Internet not to go to and download from?
Now wouldn't you just love to have access to a list like that.

BTW there is no such thing as "expiration of copywriter" any more than there is logical, let alone moral, reasoning in your posts. (Check out for yourself the correct description and spelling of what your talking about).
Old 03-13-2011, 10:43 AM
Eternal Member

I think this a good example of a person who is advocating a violation
of site policies........Ron

The Omega Man needs to be admonished
Old 03-13-2011, 11:09 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
I have closed this thread pending discussion of potential actions.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Closed Thread