PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 06-17-2011, 02:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
What's with "Deleted site name" ?

I ran across a site called "Pirate site name deleted". The way they have it set up doesn’t seem quite right. Is this site legitimate?

Chris

Last edited by Texman; 06-17-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 06-17-2011, 02:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.66 GB
It is a large info site, as well as a pirate site that has tons of pirated models that they sell access to. A lot of our designers have had models put up on there with out permission. even us repainters as well..
Jeff
Old 06-17-2011, 04:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
In addition, there is virtually no original art there. The profiles are mostly scans of copyrighted material. The associated site with "free" models is 100% pirated stuff. Let your conscience be your guide.
Old 06-17-2011, 04:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.39 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to RyanShort
It is 100% illegitimate, yet run with threats to those who challenge it. It's one of the difficulties of dealing with people in other countries with different laws and ideas about a person's rights.

Ryan
Old 06-17-2011, 06:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Oh..I remember running across that site a couple of years ago. I was not educated back then, and did download using their "free" downloads. Nothing ever came out with good quality, and I never did print them. Then I hooked up with this site. Now a days I am much more educated on such things, and know better legitimate models are out there. I am surprised that they are still going.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
I found Pirate site name deleted by a fluke.
I also found it to be an extremely frustrating site.
I'm unable to say I downloaded from it, precisely because I never found anything TO download, still less where from, within the site.

Which, as a newbie, brings to mind a serious, if somewhat naive Question.

Is there any true legal Reason why there can not be on this forum, a Thread listing all the known or encountered pirate sites (even IF the Thread is kept otherwise "Locked" by a Moderator duly appointed), so that newcomers such as myself do not get caught in the piracy-revenue web, wherein one might be fooled into paying for an otherwise free kit, or for a kit to which the owners of the pirate sites do NOT have the marketting Rights?

Being that there are so very many high quality good kits freely available here and on other reputable sites, it seems only just to list sites with known dangers in terms of piracy or links to same.

Respectful Regards, Uyraell.

Last edited by Texman; 06-17-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:36 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uyraell View Post
I found Pirate site by a fluke.
I also found it to be an extremely frustrating site.
I'm unable to say I downloaded from it, precisely because I never found anything TO download, still less where from, within the site.

Which, as a newbie, brings to mind a serious, if somewhat naive Question.

Is there any true legal Reason why there can not be on this forum, a Thread listing all the known or encountered pirate sites (even IF the Thread is kept otherwise "Locked" by a Moderator duly appointed), so that newcomers such as myself do not get caught in the piracy-revenue web, wherein one might be fooled into paying for an otherwise free kit, or for a kit to which the owners of the pirate sites do NOT have the marketting Rights?

Being that there are so very many high quality good kits freely available here and on other reputable sites, it seems only just to list sites with known dangers in terms of piracy or links to same.

Think of it this way. Your a child. You love candy. But, you cannot have it for health reasons (say your diabetic).

This would be like telling the child there is a candy store next door, but you can never go there.

This has been discussed many times. There will never be a list of pirate sites consolidated and given to the public, for just that reason.

It is done.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!

Last edited by ARMORMAN; 06-17-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Ahhh. I didn't mean to open a can of worms. Had I thought it out, I perhaps could have found a way to ask the same question without using the site name. I am glad then that you removed the name. I will never again mention its name or go to their site.

I am an engineer by trade and fully understand the frustration of someone stealing and then selling a design for their own profit. I once had one of my full-size industrial sweeper designs copied verbatim and put on display (in the other companies colors) in an industry show. It was a foreign company and we found that we couldn't do anything about it. It was very frustrating.

Designers put a lot of time and effort into their work and the least that we can do is to be sure that any compensation goes to them and not to a thief. After all, the cost for each of our hours of building pleasure, even for a relatively expensive paper model, is measured in pennies.

Chris
Old 06-18-2011, 12:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 290.48 MB
Texman, I Apologise.

I'd not intended any ill to arise from my mention of said site.
On the contrary, I was hoping there'd be some way in which other folk could be advised about such sites.

Last edited by Uyraell; 06-18-2011 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Typographic error.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:09 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
No worries ya'll. Our usual response, if it is to good to be true, it is. Any time
you find something like this, pm one of the admins/mods before posting the
site name or url in the forum. We will let you know if it is a reputable site or
not. This saves us from having to remove/edit the name out in a post, while
at the same time, protects alot of folks, from designers to companies
producing the kits, to you the poster, from possible infractions.

Have a great day ya'll

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense