PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 07-07-2011, 02:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I've been downloading one a day at £2 a go.
Only 'cos there just isn't an option to just buy the lot as a bundle.
I've now got them all, and 200 sheets of photopaper arrived today.
Lots of ink now about to be used, but I'm well stocked and have a CISS fitted.
The build will probably start next week. I'll try to remember to pinch the wife's camera.

As Pete reccomends 150g glossy photopaper for them, I thought I'd go the whole hog and print in photo quality too. OK, it's slow, but the artwork is awsome, and well worth the extra time and exspence.

By the way, is Pete Chandler a member of this forum? He certainly should be. I've been in touch and he seems a likeable chap. I will try to bring him into the fold. He should be a usefull member.

Johnny.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
Wow...that's some serious downloading!

Ya, I e-mailed Pete about introducing himself to the forum also. Hopefully he will keep the group informed of his projects.

This is my almost completed (no cars yet) N gauge ghost train. Pretty cool little models!

Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Amusement Park...-p7090018.jpg   Amusement Park...-p7090019.jpg  
Old 07-09-2011, 09:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi. OK, I joined.
Thanks for your kind comments. It won't always be possible for me to answer any posts quickly but responses will be made to anything aimed directly this way.
As I explained to JohnM privately, my interests in this type of modelling are simply an extension from my graphic designing traits, and merely a means to an end in order to create an entire travelling fair in paper. The idea comes from one I had when I was 5 - 59 years ago! I thought it was perhaps time enough thinling about it. Once done and out of my system I shall probably move on to some other design project.
Pete
Old 07-10-2011, 01:09 AM

Sorry if my last post was a bit icy. I've had a rough day with the company's website who provide my file delivery service, as it kept going down and people emailing me wanting to know what's going on because they can't download from my site after paying for their download.
A bit of advice - don't start something you might regret later.
But on a happier note, it all seems to be back to normal again now.
Great model of the Ghost train, Russ. It's always interesting seeing how they work in 'N', but they aren't really designed for that size, so I can't guarantee great results with all of it. The train will, I expect be taxing of your patience.
Oh, and if you can model my Juvenile Austins ride in N as beautifully, there's a free future download in it for you. Will need size proof though! Those little pedal cars were a head scratcher for sure, and my fingers really aren't as nimble as they used to be.
Anyway, have fun!
Pete
Old 07-10-2011, 10:58 AM

As I said earlier Russ, in my youth I spent quite some time working on one of these travelling fairs. This is a serious 'Memory Lane' trip for me. Even many of the 'missing' parts for me have surfaced. Tucked away under other 'main titles' are little gems like a 'Try your strength' machine, coconut shy, and other side shows.

Although the panelled living van is a gem, I was moved to e-mail Pete to request some white caravans and transit vans for the Roma, but on down loading the big wheel ... guess what he'd tucked in there? OK, I'm still looking for the Trannies, but I'm sure some 'Matchbox' ones will surface on E-Bay, whilst I'm searching for OO people. No fair will look right without the crowds.

Did you pick up on the Photopaper tip? They do look good on plain card, but using 'Best Photo' quality on Glossy Paper, they really show off Pete's quality artwork. It's an idea that I'll be carrying over to some other card models that will benifit from being glossy.

I don't think Pete will be appearing on the forum though. He says that, for him, paper modelling is just a means to an end to create the Fair, and he has far too many other interests to get too involved in this. A great pity though ... He's damned good ain't he?

Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 07-10-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
I don't think Pete will be appearing on the forum though. He says that, for him, paper modelling is just a means to an end to create the Fair, and he has far too many other interests to get too involved in this. A great pity though ... He's damned good ain't he?

Johnny.
Cor ... he snuck in and joined whilst I was writing that!
Welcome to the forum Pete. You'll find we're mostly good guys in here.

As to Russ makin' them in N scale ... like wow man! I ran off a couple in HO, balked and went back to 00. Definitely be interesting to see the Austins in N scale.

Johnny.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:09 PM

Hi. It took a while for my posts to get through.
But here I am. Please don't tie me down to too many requests though as I've only got a certain hourage per week available for this stuff - much as I enjoy cooking them up. There are loads of rides still to cover and no real order to do them in now; down mainly to what reference comes my way easiest. Still, there's nothing wrong in a surprise element, right?
Pete
PS If the download people Payloadz's website goes 'down' again, please be patient. There's nothing I can do about it at my end but just say 'Sorry, the site's gone down for a bit, for whatever reason'. Wait an hour or so and try again. Suffice to say I'm not making a fortune out of this venture, but it does pay for my Spotify subscription, and other incidentals, like food.
Old 07-10-2011, 05:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
Pete- I'm not trying to push, I just thought the forum would be a good way to increase your sales! I think it's great that you have a passion for your models. I say "keep it up!"...oh and keep us informed (for the sales!)! Also I will accept your challenge..."that is why I have failed where so many other have succeeded!" Actually, the assembly of the cars for the Ghost Train went well, there's just a lot of edges that have to be colored!!

John- I have tried photo paper, but I found it difficult to work with (it didn't score & fold very well), although the print quality was excellent. I've been using a coated "Presentation Paper" (I have HP, but I'm sure there are others), which probably sacrifices some print quality, but is easier to fold.

Russ
Old 07-10-2011, 06:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 709.4 KB
Welcome to the Club Pete, you certainly add to the diversity of our group. Love your work

http://dented-rick.deviantart.com/
Old 07-10-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFleischman View Post
Pete- I'm not trying to push, I just thought the forum would be a good way to increase your sales!
Russ
That's OK Russ, no problem. Actually any increase in sales might tempt me to drop other less important things and do more, but there is a limit to how much intricate work can be achieved without throwing something at the wall. I find it works best in small doses.
Thanks Dented Rick. pleased to be here.
Google Adsense