PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 07-14-2011, 12:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.67 MB
Unhappy

Oh no ! What to the site its closed ????
Old 07-14-2011, 10:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Low life has killed my enthusiasm to continue with the website. Piracy is so easy to do and my offerings were based solely upon trust. Obviously this quality doesn't exist much in some circles which have been brought to my attention, where swapping files wholesale is probably routine. I have no plans to carry on in any way shape or form. My thank you's go to the real modellers who have appreciated the designs I offered, even though it may have been for just a short time.
Pete Chandler
Old 07-15-2011, 07:20 AM

I'm going to carry on on a private basis as I know some have only just got started. So if there's any model, or models, you still want, please email me, don't PM me as I have to have your email address to send the link to - my email address is [email protected].
As a reminder the available items are mostly shown below:
Speedway, Helter Skelter, Carousel, Waltzer, Skid, Dodgems, Octopus, Ghost Train & Penny Arcade, Roundstalls, Sidestalls, Transport Set, Big Wheel.
The links will be emailed to you, and payment (£2 each) then requested via PayPal (to my email address).
We'll see how it works.
As far as new models goes, this has left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't know. Maybe leave it a while.

Pete
Old 07-15-2011, 09:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Oh shoot ... I hope this situation hasn't arisen from your joining us Pete.
As I said earlier, "we're mostly good guys in here", but you never know who's monitoring on the side. Being a world wide 'club', we do well know that piracy is rife and many of the 'Free' models are sold on for profit, but we do try to expose them where possible.

I'm glad now that I made the effort to purchase and download all you had on offer, and request that you let me know if/when anything new becomes available. I have your address, and you have mine.

I hope you don't mind me modifying your designs, but your excellent little Austins inspired me to try my hand at a little bit of designing. I'm 80% through constructing a Figure of Eight double width racing track for them. I'll also have to fit them with all-round bumper strips, to allow them to go around untethered. I'll send you a copy when it's complete.

I was thinking of modifying the name boards on many of the rides to reflect a more personal nature to my fair, but I've decided not to. If I leave them just as they are, when people ask who 'Chandler' is, I will be able to give you full acknowledgement, and maybe pass them on to you as customers. I'm certainly not interested in selling them on. I have retired, flush enough. I don't need the money, or the production work.

I'm still working towards a Proper 'Noah's Ark' ride, with cartoon animals instead of bikes, so I'll have to do a re-word of the signs and some colour juggling for that one, but I'll still leave the 'Chandlers' logos on. I think there will be a few Austins mixed in among the bikes on the 'Hell Raiser' ride too. Fiddly little beasts to construct (with OAP fingers) but well worth the effort (How ya doin' wiv the N scale ones Russ?).

I've just GOT to convert one of the side shows to an Air Rifle Range too.

Havin' lotsa Fun at the fair,

Johnny
Old 07-15-2011, 10:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 15.61 MB
Geepers...I feel bad about how this turned out for you Pete!

Although I'm not really an "amusement park guy" (most rides make me sick to my stomach!), I was hoping to buy a few more of your kits just because they are so unique.

Sorry again if I had anything to do with what happened!

Russ
Google Adsense
Old 07-15-2011, 05:22 PM

I've been havhing a poke around at ridemodelers : For scale modelers of amusement rides.
as Ringmaster suggested.

Yes it was neccessary to enlist into a Yahoo account in order to register, but it wasn't too painfull, and I guess another e-mail address won't hurt me.

The 'Gravitron' is quite simple, but being trailer mounted it should fit in with Pete's Travelling Fair models. There's quite a few 'Side Show' trailers and small stands in there too. Most are in .gif format, so they are easily rescaled or modified as you require.

I still haven't found any 'Roma' caravans or Transit vans though.

Johnny.

Last edited by JohnM; 07-15-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:47 PM

I've found the Transit vans Hattons.co.uk: Welcome to Hattons.co.uk

And some people to crowd it out Homepage - WWW.MODELLEISENBAHN-FIGUREN.COM

Still looking for Roma Caravans though.

Johnny.
Old 07-16-2011, 12:46 AM

Relax, the problem has not been through joining this respectable forum. I was aware of it some while ago but it began to niggle me. Passing on whatever I do can still work privately, and indeed has started to. A website isn't a requirement. Thanks for your continued support and interest.

Pete
Old 07-16-2011, 06:01 AM

Total Downloaded: 18.67 MB
Wink

Glad to hear that !! Don't give up on your design .. And don't let a few (^&%$ ) ruin it for you and other that do enjoy your work

The other kiddie ride you started to release for free will there be and other later on ??

I'll be in touch with you later in the week to order the other models.

later
Old 07-16-2011, 10:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
I'm still working towards a Proper 'Noah's Ark' ride, with cartoon animals instead of bikes, so I'll have to do a re-word of the signs and some colour juggling for that one, but I'll still leave the 'Chandlers' logos on. I think there will be a few Austins mixed in among the bikes on the 'Hell Raiser' ride too. Fiddly little beasts to construct (with OAP fingers) but well worth the effort (How ya doin' wiv the N scale ones Russ?).
With a little Photoshoping on the Austins you could turn it into Chandler's Kentucky Motor Race ark (Men at Work pg 80).
I'm adding two more center sections and five more tubs to my Austins to make a more typically oblong ride.
I went ahead and bought the full set yesterday, just to be safe.
Please post your Noah's Ark animals when they're finished, I was going to try that myself.
David
Google Adsense