PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 07-25-2011, 05:44 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.leliveld View Post
Wow, great stuff!
Paperairforce, would you consider shipping to Europe?
I don't mind about the extra shipping costs, I've got a Credit card and Paypall
I would love to check one out..
thank you Billy, that SR-71 and X-15 look fantastic as well! I would personally love to see pics of any build you do, and would love to send you one. But, shipping to Holland would be about $50 (just checked with U.S post), and that is without expedited delivery, signature, and all of that - just regular post. I still have to look into customs, and not sure if there is a charge for that on my end or yours. I have heard some horror stories about shipping overseas, so it is a risk. I'll have to find out more about it, I'll send you a PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned

You have to ship something like that "personal", not from a business, if you know what I mean, to avoid the customs problems.

Oh, my order is going in tomorrow (P47). I think this model will become very desired, as I desire one, and I am the cheapest person I know!

Last edited by Zathros; 07-25-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:42 PM

thank you Zathros, and that is a very "creative" solution to a bureacratic problem! I'm afraid I'm too well known at my local post office though.....hopefully customs on a bunch of paper and card won't be too bad...
Old 07-26-2011, 03:59 AM

I don't know if it's applicable from where you are but here in the UK, when sending overseas the shipping is cheaper if you state at the post office that the package contains "printed paper", only.

My galleries
Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis7485 View Post
I don't know if it's applicable from where you are but here in the UK, when sending overseas the shipping is cheaper if you state at the post office that the package contains "printed paper", only.
That is a good suggestion, and I will look into it. I don't think it is an option for international shipping, and don't see it offered on the usps website for international.

It is an option for domestic shipping, and is known as "media mail" in the states. Unfortunately, my local post authority has declared it does not qualify. I vigorously disagree, and am currently trying to appeal that decision. If we can prevail, everyone's shipping (domestically) will drop to about $4.

If anyone on here works for the U.S post, and believes they can assist, or know for sure what qualifies and what does not, that would be very much appreciated. The kit consists of many sheets of un-printed heavy card mounting sheets, many sheets of printed material, label stock (decals), instruction books (which would unquestionably qualify), and a sheet of plastic.
Google Adsense