PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 08-17-2011, 12:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 167.48 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by whulsey View Post
Actually most of those you show by adjusting scales would work great in dioramas.
Oh, I agree - definitely. I've carefully rescaled some of the "street furniture" (bus stop, waste bins, an air compressor etc) and other items to go with the buses and suchlike that are also found there. The models on Paper-replika.com are all great!
Old 08-17-2011, 06:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
whulsey you beat me to the punch...
I was thinking that many of these odd models were born from a need for an item
to fit into a Diorama, or into a Model Train Display, etc

Some are just odd models from an odd mind.

Then of course, there is the commercial promotional item.
A papermodeler who works for a Propane Gas company says "lets make a paper gas canister?"

Paper stoning model?...based on his model of a "Chemotherapy chair", I would say its an "art" thing.
A personal/political statement? Not meant to be insulting, just distasteful to get a message across.
I don't really understand the "art" world so I won't bother with that one.

I too have an "Oddball" folder, for all paper models that don't fit into other categories (eg planes, cars, boats, etc)

But the "oddest" model I have in there, is a pair of printable 3D glasses...
meant as an April Fools Joke for the Google Chrome 3D Web Browser.
get it here

I still think the first model posted is still the oddest so far...because it still seems to be missing something to really make sense?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdave View Post

Paper stoning model?...based on his model of a "Chemotherapy chair", I would say its an "art" thing.
A personal/political statement? Not meant to be insulting, just distasteful to get a message across.
I don't really understand the "art" world so I won't bother with that one.
Bloody funny statement. If someone made a computer game that involved steering civil airliners into skyscrapers, how would that go down in the States? In any case, if he wants to make a statement, he should actually say something to that effect on the website.

Ah, well - we can leave that one alone, now. eh?
Old 08-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut 'n' paste View Post
I didn't believe this one -

Yes, a game based on the tradition of stoning female transgressors to death! Sorry, but I think this is not just pointless - it is tasteless! I won't even say where it's to be found. The designer says it's "dedicated to those who play with real life" ! Huh! Dedicated to nutters, more like!
Yes, it is beyond sick. It is disgusting. She was stoned to death. I have reported that post. I do not think it was proper to post. There are too many pictures of horror and prefacing a photo of a young women who was murdered with "I didn't believe this one" is wrong. It is amazing what people can be offended by. You say a "word" and they get mad, but blase' discussion ensues after this disgusting concept but the very same people. I am thoroughly disgusted that this was even posted, let alone allowed to stay posted.

(Moderators may feel free to delete this post if the picture is removed).
Old 08-17-2011, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
Yes, it is beyond sick. It is disgusting. She was stoned to death. I have reported that post. I do not think it was proper to post. There are too many pictures of horror and prefacing a photo of a young women who was murdered with "I didn't believe this one" is wrong. It is amazing what people can be offended by. You say a "word" and they get mad, but blase' discussion ensues after this disgusting concept but the very same people. I am thoroughly disgusted that this was even posted, let alone allowed to stay posted.

(Moderators may feel free to delete this post if the picture is removed).
Hey, man, that was MY "statement"! I was disgusted about it too! Sorry I put the picture there! I didn't design the thing - I didn't give a link to it - I was just pointing out that this was in the order of something that shouldn't have been done in the first place. Read my other comments about it. Honestly, I wish I'd never posted now. Moderators - please delete all references to this horror. Zathros - I'm REALLY sorry about all this, and I hope you won't think too badly of me. Really sorry. Anyway, if we're talking about "reporting" someone (God, I feel like a naughty schoolboy), how about "reporting" Julius (Peri) who has linked to that site on his index of paper models?

Last edited by cut 'n' paste; 08-18-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 08-18-2011, 12:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 243.35 MB
Russian text" with festivity men's"
Old 08-18-2011, 02:22 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cut 'n' paste View Post
Hey, man, that was MY "statement"! I was disgusted about it too! Sorry I put the picture there! I didn't design the thing - I didn't give a link to it - I was just pointing out that this was in the order of something that shouldn't have been done in the first place. Read my other comments about it. Honestly, I wish I'd never posted now. Moderators - please delete all references to this horror. Zathros - I'm REALLY sorry about all this, and I hope you won't think too badly of me. Really sorry. Anyway, if we're talking about "reporting" someone (God, I feel like a naughty schoolboy), how about "reporting" Julius (Peri) who has linked to that site on his index of paper models?

I don't feel bad about you, not at all. I have absolutely nothing in my heart or head about you that is negative. It's a problem with words. They just don't have that dimension. The problem is that it is quite easy to find those kind of pictures. I have a movie called "Why we fight". It is about the British going into a concentration camp. It is unedited and shown the order it was taken. I watched it once. I have not met too many people who have been able to watch it. I could take stills and post it. You would understand the horror. There is always that group who would use it to their advantage. Someone who may have had the sentiments supporting that picture now will have a new game to play. I never thought about doing something like that. I am sure that there could be someone who thinks, "Hey, I can make that" and then emulates it. Unwittingly, you have carried the horror. Kind of of like someone who is the carrier of a horrible disease. He doesn't have it, but contaminates others. Not the best analogy. just trying to show how a nice person can convey a concept that is horrible to someone who enjoys that horror, and now has a new way to express it, spread it, and revel in it. I doubt anyone here did that, but you never know. That concept was completely new to me. It took me off guard. Here eyes seemed to call out. It was horrible. You aren't.

People you socialize with can guide you in how you are and act, that's not such a foreign concept. It is all part of the process. Anyone who has seen my posts knows I am not sitting on any kind of high horse, and I never could. We're cool.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:06 AM

Oh, yes

That's why I didn't post any links.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
Wow! The G-force on that turn was enormous!

Talk about tangents!
I'm still trying to understand the humor of the original post that Zatrhos has alluded to in his comments... anyone figured it out and willing to share with poor me?
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale