PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 10-10-2011, 06:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Chinese Pirate site

A friend of mine, ignorant of the piracy issues concerning paper models, sent this link to me.

admin note: link removed - this is a pirate site. I know I have not authorized any of the models I carry. Chris

Last edited by cgutzmer; 10-11-2011 at 04:40 AM.
Google Adsense
Old 10-10-2011, 06:26 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Looks like they are even seeing that Gatling Gun that is already up on the download site here!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:51 PM

Charles, I understand how you feel, but I really wish you would edit that last line. There are legal ways to combat this problem...

Old 10-10-2011, 07:11 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Looks like Equal Opportunity Thievery there.

Alice probably thinks she is being entrepreneurial ... Jeez
Old 10-10-2011, 07:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Hay now, that is MY CSS Raleigh model and is in the free download section here for people here. Alice, you loser.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:58 PM

Well, it takes all kinds in this world....but we could do without some of them....
Old 10-10-2011, 08:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.12 MB
Attempting to sell a free model without explicit permission from the copyright holder is a clear copyright violation. The Polish publishers should move on this clown. The store is hosted by Alibaba - Safety & Security Center - Learn How to Enhance the Safety of Your Online Transactions.

Mmmm.. makes sense - Sinbad the sailor had a run in with Ali Baba and the 40 thieves.

Regards,

Charlie
Old 10-10-2011, 08:18 PM

Total Downloaded: 71.56 MB
How is this happening that there are models from the download section here yet you have to be a member to download the models and we cant seem to find this person and i saw several models that i recognize that are only availible here like wulf111's star trek ships gary pilsworth's remington revolver and a few others i am thinking i am not going to release my new sketch up models once there done
Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

I was in contact with aa women named "Joy" at Canon. They were helpless in doing anything about this because the Chinese don't care. These people are no costing anybody anything because you have no way of selling your work to them and they would not buy it from you if they could. If Canon Corporation can not do anything about this site, and that is what I was told by Canon Corporation, then in reality, this is all just not even worth talking about ( talk about it all you wish I mean that in a rhetorical sense). Nothing can be done about this and China's censorship of their own people's internet usage causes their own people to pay for that which they could get for free. I don't imagine anyone with half a brain is any other country is buying these models.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
Every time a thread like this pops up... with links to the piracy itself, amongst other things... all you are doing is drumming up more free advertising for the pirate.

For example: I never would have known about that site had it not been brought up, and I am not alone.

There are 25000+ registered members on this site, at a rough guess I'd say there are only a small percentage who post regularly and are active members of the wider card modeling community, then you have another percentage of lurkers who mainly "look but don't talk" and then there would be quite a few others who are solely here because they want to take and not give. Why have we not found out which member is "stealing" from the download section? Because the person doing it has most likely never posted and never will.

I could waffle on about this for hours but I won't bother, but I will say this... I was once an Admin of another forum that had a free downloads section and we set it up so that you could only access the downloads once you'd made a certain number of posts (20). This ensured that only active members of our community could access the downloads, without having to ask permission. Anyone found making junk posts for the sake of raising their count would find themselves back on a zero postcount.

You designers want to make your stuff available to the loyal members of this forum? Maybe you should look into imposing a "mimimum postcount" here too.

It's not going to stop piracy, nothing will ever do that, but surely it's a start. And before you say it's a bit harsh etc, granted, the circumstances were different, this is just a suggestion.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Google Adsense