PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
Free Hawker Tempest Model

I found this on the Polish Model site Kartonwork.pl. The model is of exceptional quality. Incredible that something could gotten for free like this.

modelarstwo kartonowe, plastikowe ... :: Zobacz temat - [free model] Hawker Tempest Mk. V

Download the 2 files below, one has a fuselage correction, the one that says errata:

Pobierz model - Hawker Tempest Mk. V
Errata - Hawker Tempest Mk. V

Google Adsense
Old 12-07-2011, 06:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Cool! Is the second download for a second plane?
CT
Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks for the link Zathros.
Nice plane and the V1 is included.
Good stuff for the diorama.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 233.25 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to Inky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct ertz View Post
Is the second download for a second plane?
CT
The second download is the fuselage correction.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
Problem is that the correction messed up the airplane markings...
It should be W2-Y, not Y-W2, another issue is the location of the fuselage roundel - it should be symmetrical on both sides
Google Adsense
Old 12-07-2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

Price is right. The Spanish Panhard is still available on that site. Maybe someone should e-mail him about the error. I don't know enough about these kinds of things to be beleiveable but he would probably correct it. Here's his public e-mail address:

[email protected]
Old 12-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Banned

I have a question for you. I know you are a member of modelasrtwo Kartonowe. I announced in this forum and at Paper Modelers that this incredible model was available, (for free, one of my favorite words), and someone, GREMIR, was quick to point out the lettering on the fuselage should read W2-Y, I felt inadequate in contacting someone who obviously far superior to me abilities. I am not a rivet counter and I don't speak Polish but wondered if maybe you could help settle the issue? The designers e-mail is below and the website with the model below it. I could totally understand if you did not wish to be bothered with such things but it kind of "rubs me the wrong way" when someone offers up something so nice for free and others begin to pull it apart.

This is what was written "Problem is that the correction messed up the airplane markings...
It should be W2-Y, not Y-W2, another issue is the location of the fuselage roundel - it should be symmetrical on both sides."

[email protected]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John (zathros)
Old 12-07-2011, 10:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
My Dad has a saying: "You'd complain if you were hung with a new rope", meaning some people will complain about everything. Personally, I'd complain at the being hung part myself.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Murph, I thought of that expression myself as I've been watching this thread. As with most sayings, there is a story behind it. Old ropes tend to stretch when sudden load is placed on them, so wouldn't apply enough force to snap the neck, leaving the hangee to slowly strangle. New ropes didn't give, and gave the hangee a quick exit from this plane of existance. As the guy said, "if it wasn't for the honor of the thing, I'd just as soon be in Philadelphia."
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I have a question for you. I know you are a member of modelasrtwo Kartonowe. I announced in this forum and at Paper Modelers that this incredible model was available, (for free, one of my favorite words), and someone, GREMIR, was quick to point out the lettering on the fuselage should read W2-Y, I felt inadequate in contacting someone who obviously far superior to me abilities. I am not a rivet counter and I don't speak Polish but wondered if maybe you could help settle the issue? The designers e-mail is below and the website with the model below it. I could totally understand if you did not wish to be bothered with such things but it kind of "rubs me the wrong way" when someone offers up something so nice for free and others begin to pull it apart.

This is what was written "Problem is that the correction messed up the airplane markings...
It should be W2-Y, not Y-W2, another issue is the location of the fuselage roundel - it should be symmetrical on both sides."

[email protected]

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John (zathros)
So I go back and read how stupid this post of mine sounds.

GREMIR is one of the most knowledgeable persons I have seen on this kind of detail. I am impressed on how fast he caught this. That was why I mentioned his name, because of his expertise.

On the Polish forum itself it was mentioned that apparently it was wrong the first time. I can only imagine that someone who went through so much detail and trouble in making such a model would want such an error, pointed out, which as was pointed out was wrong the first time. I really wrote this bad and I am trying to figure out how a P.M. I sent out, got posted in the forum by me.

I would not have caught this and there is nothing wrong with catching it either. So please forgive my mistake, I still don't know how did it, I just wanted the correction to be made to such a great model and would really appreciate if post number #7 could be deleted because it just did not come out right and was mean to be a P.M. In know why did I mean to imply there was ingratitude by anyone and do not think there was. Totally my Bad.
Google Adsense