PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-25-2011, 04:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I read somewhere that the processing of registration may take a week. Patience might be in order.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 19.54 MB
No, not yet. They have a lot of nerve taking time off for Christmas
Old 12-25-2011, 06:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
cut them some slack...they didn't say HOW long after the 24th the download would be available.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:26 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 0
I thought it was quite painless, and the fact that NO CREDIT CARD data was necessary, made it even much more so. Of course, now that I know these are the guys maintaining the "Surprise", (formerly the H.M.S. Rose), I will be trying to scrape up a donation for them. I got to do some restoration work the the "Surprise" ("Rose) when she was moored in Bridgeport Ct. Many people in this state are still made Connecticut did not accept that ship when it was offered to the state for FREE! Talking about not looking a gift horse in the mouth!!
Old 12-26-2011, 10:21 AM

Total Downloaded: 474.31 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathros View Post
I thought it was quite painless, and the fact that NO CREDIT CARD data was necessary, made it even much more so. Of course, now that I know these are the guys maintaining the "Surprise", (formerly the H.M.S. Rose), I will be trying to scrape up a donation for them. I got to do some restoration work the the "Surprise" ("Rose) when she was moored in Bridgeport Ct. Many people in this state are still made Connecticut did not accept that ship when it was offered to the state for FREE! Talking about not looking a gift horse in the mouth!!
It was quite easy to put in the order, you are right...was surprised by the payment method of no payment required...not sure I've seen a button like that before.

I'm very excited to learn Roman designed this model and that David is building her...this should be an exquisite model! I'd pay for a ship model like this, so I am very happy they made it available for free. I sent a donation to defray the costs as well as to help pay for the continuation of this fine museum.

I was fortunate to have an occassion to visit San Diego a few years ago and the museum was one place I just had to visit. They have a wonderful display of many ship models and nautical artifacts, even a model shop, which sadly was not open at the time of my visit, but the ability to walk the decks of a few ships like the HMS Surprise ex HMS Rose was wonderful...at the time someone was rechaulking the foredeck, quite interesting to watch, and they had nice set up below deck so you could see a historically accurent representation of the gun deck, living quarters, etc., on a typical English frigate. The tour of the Star of India was also educational and very interesting...I'm a sucker for being able to roam the decks of these historic ships and am very greatful when folks have the foresight to restore and maintain these vessels so others might be able to enjoy the experience and, perhaps, learn abit about them.

Cheers!
Jim
Google Adsense
Old 12-26-2011, 02:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
Talking about not looking a gift horse in the mouth!!

Well . . . maybe yes, maybe no. Large sailing ships are wonderful, but operating and maintaing them requires a significant investment of money and resources. I've had at least one first-hand experience with a group that acquired a "Tall Ship" without realizing what they were getting into.

Of course, now that I know these are the guys maintaining the "Surprise", (formerly the H.M.S. Rose), I will be trying to scrape up a donation for them.

The MMSD is definitely a class act. I've been a member for many years, even though I live on the East Coast. Their quarterly magazine, "Mainsail Haul," publishes original research on the whole gamut of Pacific maritime history -- it's worth the price of membership all by itself. They do a spendid job of maintaining and operating their ships, and they seem to be pretty saavy with respect to fundraising, business planning, etc. I'm not surprised that they picked one of the best designers in the business to do their paper model of San Salvador.

Still waiting for the download to be active, however . . .
Old 12-26-2011, 02:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.62 GB
<<deleted>>

Last edited by YankeeBoy; 12-26-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: unecessary post
Old 12-26-2011, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.23 GB
I've registred , I've placed the order and when I've wanted to download it I've got the message: "Link is not available."
Old 12-27-2011, 11:27 AM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
I've been in contact with the store manager at the museum and she didn't seem aware off the problem. She forwarded my message to the IT dept so hopefully the download will be available soon. =)
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 12-27-2011, 01:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.18 MB
Says on the site the model will be available after Jan 31! :(
Google Adsense