PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.43 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Fill the serrations with some epoxy, wipe off most of it before it sets up, then clamp it on some sand paper to sand down to a level surface.

The ones I use have serrations, but they are so full of dried glue and other gunk ( ) that they do not adversely affect the part being clamped.
That's a good idea...

I did it the hard way... took all my hemostats over to the shop and ground off all the serrations on a grinding wheel...

You could do the same thing with a dremel and not leave the air conditioning, and probably have a smoother result...

BUT, the grinding wheel did the trick... I use the hemostats quite a bit doing paper components on the Dr. Zooch model rockets I build...

Later! OL JR
Old 03-21-2012, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cMags View Post
I've got two pair of these, a 6" with red wooden trips and a 4" metal like what you show there, but both have too strong a tension for real usefulness for me. The strength required to manipulate them causes a loss of precision application, and they tend to dent the surface of parts held by them. I have to squeeze so hard to get them to release that my hand shakes a bit. Maybe I just got the wrong ones, but the two failures turned me off from this type of tweezer. I prefer instead the slide lock style, that are normal tweezers until you choose to lock them in place, and by adjusting the position of the lock, you adjust the strength of the clamping force. Now I just need to find a non-serrated version.
Interesting. I don't have those issues with any of mine. In fact sometimes I wish they were just a little stronger. Those slide lock tweezers would be pretty equivalent though.

Steve
Old 05-10-2012, 02:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hi, came across this at my local arts and craft store, not that cheap but well I bought one to try out (and add to my other cheaper self-closing tweezers) . Costs around US$7.95

X-acto Self-Closing Pointed Tweezers

If you really want one, it should be available online. Do a search on "X-acto Self-Closing Pointed Tweezers X73370"