PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 10-28-2008, 05:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
A very exciting project! I hope that everything goes smoothly and well.

I like 1:250 scale a lot, especially for models of pre-dreadnaught warships. At that scale finished models tend to look even more complex than they actually are (How does that work, anyway?)
Old 10-28-2008, 05:39 PM

Total Downloaded: 41.26 MB
Oops! a "Monitor" is very different from a "Pre-Dreadnought." Not like I said in the last post.

sorry
Old 10-29-2008, 08:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Well, technically, monitors were in fact pre-dreadnoughts as they were first-class armored warships built prior to HMS Dreadnought. They certainly were the forerunners of the pre-dreads.

I'm am delighted at the enthusiasm this idea of mine has generated, unfortunately life has got in the way of any new progress over the past few weeks, however once I have hammered out some kinks, I'll be ready to go again. Hopefully by the end of the month.

[email protected]
Old 10-29-2008, 08:24 AM

Hi "From 1862" Monitors as opposed to Pre-Dreadnoughts? if my memory serves me well, the USCW was the beginning of steam warships as opposed to sail and most of these warships were unusual to look at, either paddlesteamers, which I've provided kits of from another author or floating armoured motorised rafts (monitors) anyway, this post has been running since April 2008 with nothing promised, listed yet, so I thought I'd kick it along a bit with the above models for free download, in the hope that more ships kits or plans or "something" would be forthcoming as promised by the author and this might be an incentive for all of you to add on to my offerings, who read these pages.
Happy election - Obama will be an interesting President. If I were a Yank, I'd vote for him.
LOL
BigBenn
Old 10-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Aviation Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to dansls1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Happy election - Obama will be an interesting President. If I were a Yank, I'd vote for him.
LOL
BigBenn
I believe the general consensus of the board is that we'd like to keep things to modeling and allow political discussions on other more appropriate forums.
Thanks.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
Any luck on this web site? I am really excited about more monitors! I built Avery's USS Monitor in 1:250 scale from ecardmodels and it was a great model! I would like to see more of these ships including the last style like the US Wyoming as well as the copied Passiac class monitors built by the Russians during the late 1860's.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.67 MB
Interesting news Avery, I shall 'watch this space' quite closely.

Roger in Oz.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to APA-168 Send a message via Yahoo to APA-168 Send a message via Skype™ to APA-168
Hello all, the site is still in R&D pending new releases which I am quite pleased to say are very near! USS Passaic shall be released in two versions, one "as-built" during the civil war, one as modified for the Spanish american war. I will also release the kit as a Russian monitor Uragan which was copied from Passaic and built in the 1860s-70s and used up until the 1910s. There will be two versions of this kit released. All these will be featured on the final site, along with my Monitor kit and the future Onandoga and Canonicus, which should be up "soon."

[email protected]

Last edited by APA-168; 05-21-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 83.31 MB
OK, GO Avery. After building you USS Monitor I am ready for more! I made the Monitor in the December 1862 style with the improved pilot house with sloping armor and then, I shrunk it way down to about 3 inches long and made it in the March 1862 style! My kids had a blast with the little one, I won't let them touch the big one though!

I really think it is cool that you are doing the Passaic in both the war fitting and the 1890s refitting!

I am also thrilled with the Russian Monitors as well. I never knew how close the US and Russia was during and after the War. The US gave the Russians the plans to the Passaic and they built like 20 of them by the end of the Civil War. I guess they were expecting/hoping a world war would start then with the US, Germany, Mexico, and Russia on one side and Britain, France, Canada, and the Confederacy on the other. The World War would wait for another 50 years though.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:53 AM

Paddlesteamers

Hi,
Thanks for the list of card models - I got them as soon as they were released. Unfortunately there probably won't be any more because the author of those models died and the site is now being operated by his son - for downloads only.

BigBenn
Google Adsense