PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 01-29-2017, 09:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker View Post
Strange?? AVG is refusing me access to both those links. So I guess the suggested 'change DNS' is a route I should follow ...
Old 01-29-2017, 09:53 PM

Nope.... That didn't change anything.

Way past my bedtime. Now 03:51 hrs here. I'll attack this agin tomorrow. Well, later today that is.

HMM??? It took over 4 minutes to upload this post. Summat serious goin' on here, but I'm tired an' there's anuvver day tomorrow.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.73 MB
That was originally a Chicken of the Sea restaurant later changed to a pirate ship.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringmaster View Post
That was originally a Chicken of the Sea restaurant later changed to a pirate ship.
I presume you mean the Paris one?

The original California one started out in the '50s as 'The Jolly Roger' (Hook's ship from Peter Pan), and later in life 'The Pirate experience' was moved onto a mobile replica of the S.S. Columbia, which was re-cast as the Jolly Roger. The original Jolly Roger was re-named 'The Chicken of the Sea Restaurant', and served as such for many years. Robert couldn't put a finger on what happened to it when it disappeared. These things just happen in the world of Disney

One of my Granddaughters went to Disneyland Paris last year (I've never been), and lo and behold, among her photos, the 'Chicken of the Sea' is there in all it's glory. Of course it may not be the California original, but it's a pretty damn good copy if it ain't.

Checken of the Sea Pirate Ship and Restaurant at Yesterland This will tell all about it!

Last edited by JohnM; 01-30-2017 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:53 AM

And as far as my problems reaching Robert's websites ... I've just thrown in a System Restore to two weeks ago, prior to a major update to my anti-virus software, but it ain't made any difference. The older A/V version still throws out all references to Robert or The Disney Experience.

I guess I'm just gonna have to try switching the A/V off (or if that don't work, uninstalling it) and try surfin' with me pants down.

I get to wondering if this is a "Just Me?" problem. Is there anyone else tuned in here from UK? Do the links work for you? We never did resolve the December glitch, where no one from the Southern Hemisphere could get into Volker's sites for his Advent offers. Is this block still in place, or are they accessible again now?

There's strange fings 'appenin' on the ol' interweb fingy lately ... Who we gonna point the finger at this time ... Russia .... China ... N.Korea ... or shall we just live dangerous and blame it all on the Donald? P'raps the Obamas pulled a plug or two out as they left?
Old 01-30-2017, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
From the Netherlands: site doesn't work anymore being blocked by my Avast Antivirus. Using MS Edge.

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)
Old 01-30-2017, 03:34 PM

And the saga continues .... It took a bit of digging, but I eventually found a menu within Avast which gave me the option to disable it for 10 minutes , 30 minutes, 2 hours, until the PC is rebooted, or to un install it.

So I tried the 10 min option ... went into this thread and tried the two links in Looker's post ... and up pop the required sites ... BUT ... within seconds they are blocked by an Avast pop up warning that "This site could damage your computer !!! " ... Couldn't find a way past the pop up, so I killed the browser.

Went on to try the disable for 2 hours option, but got exactly the same again.

OK, let's try the disable until the PC is rebooted option. ... Exactly the same again. Strong stuff this "Avast Anti Virus Free" program. It still gives full protection from that naughty Robert, even when it's disabled

OK, So as I said yesterday, here we go ... UN INSTALL the damn thing completely and go nude surfin' ... Yippee ... freedom ... well nearly ... I had to answer 15 questions on the way out, to explain my reasons for uninstalling.

But ... now I'm surfin' free (but feeling just a little exposed) I can link straight into both Robert's sites with no hint of restrictions. So, although I'm still none the wiser about what has gone wrong here, uninstalling Avast has cured it. Rather than risk surfin' any further with no nickers on, I'll be installing AVG free toute suite. I used AVG for years before I was persuaded that Avast free was a bit superior, but I'm open to any other suggestions y'all care to make on which Anti-Virus to install now.

I've widely recommended Avast Free to many people, so I am more than a little disappointed with this false positive hiccup. During the uninstall, I did explain my problem to them at length, so it'll be interesting to see what feedback I get from them.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponytail View Post
From the Netherlands: site doesn't work anymore being blocked by my Avast Antivirus. Using MS Edge.
Ah Ha !!! It ain't only me!! All I can say Ponytail, is do as I've done and uninstall Avast. There was a big update to it last week which MAY be the cause. I did a System Restore back to Jan 5th to get back to the earlier version, but it changed nothing.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:16 PM

All traces of Avast anti virus free have now been scrubbed from my system.
AVG Free has been installed, and a full computer scan done ... which found no problems.

So back into this thread I go and merrily click on Lookers two links ... Uh oh!!

AVG informs me that it has blocked both sites due to malware risk, and offers no route to ignore the warning and go in anyway.

Err The phrase Deja vue springs to mind.

Wassgoin'on??? What have you done to upset these people Robert?

Last edited by JohnM; 01-30-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:44 PM

Nuvva day tomorrow Early to bed tonight methinks.

Not all negative today though ... During the knickerless free surfin' period I was able to get into The Disney Experience for a shufti ... and reassured myself that I did have the models that interest me safely stored in my archives.