PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 04-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Han Dynasty Wine Flask

I saw this little guy last week and had to build it this weekend. It's a simple one-page model. I wish I'd done it on photo paper, but overall, it was a fun build and my mom is very pleased to have it sitting on her old pump organ, now. I put some aquarium gravel in the bottom for ballast.

You can find it at free paper models and paper cutouts. near the bottom of the page.
Google Adsense
Old 04-16-2012, 09:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Nice find!

Very nice find. There are a lot of interesting items on that page. A broad range of subjects too. I also downloaded the India Golf airplane and the table and stool set. They table and stool set would make good display stands for other oriental models.

Steve
Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Oh, wow, the table is available now? I'll have to go check it out. When I was there you could only download the chairs ...

BTW, Mom got my first one of these and wants another. She has her grandparents' pump organ from the 1800s and she wants to have one on each side of the music stand part of it, whatever that is called. I told her that I probably should coat it to give it more gloss. Has anyone tried the Krylon Clear Gloss? I figured that several light coats would work. I also have aquarium gravel in the base for ballast.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
VK -

Having recently given my annual lecture on warfare in ancient Asia, I was caught by the caption of your thread. Unfortunately, the image doesn't show up on my computer screen and I can't get to the website (possibly because of the Carlisle Barracks Internet security settings and screens).

Can you see the image on your screen?

I'd love to see the model, and I enjoyed the rest of the story, including the intersection of paper modeling, Han Dynasty ceramics, antique pump organs, and aquarium gravel.

I've never tried gloss Krylon, but use the matt-finish UV version all the time. I hope you can try it out and report on the results.

Don
Old 04-17-2012, 12:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Good find and nice build. There's also some nice 'dingbat' fonts available there also.
Google Adsense
Old 04-18-2012, 08:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Boose View Post
VK -

Having recently given my annual lecture on warfare in ancient Asia, I was caught by the caption of your thread. Unfortunately, the image doesn't show up on my computer screen and I can't get to the website (possibly because of the Carlisle Barracks Internet security settings and screens).

Can you see the image on your screen?

I'd love to see the model, and I enjoyed the rest of the story, including the intersection of paper modeling, Han Dynasty ceramics, antique pump organs, and aquarium gravel.

I've never tried gloss Krylon, but use the matt-finish UV version all the time. I hope you can try it out and report on the results.

Don
Don, I've attached the image of the vase. It shows up for me in Vermin_King's original post. The site is in domain .hk (Hong Kong?)

Enjoy

@Vermin_King: the table and stool set were all in one pdf file. They look similar in the pattern so at a quick glance it might look like there's only the stools in there. The table is by itself on the last page.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Han Dynasty Wine Flask-fang.jpg  
Old 04-18-2012, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Thanks, Steve. Now both the image you posted and the one in VK's original post are clearly visible. It must have been a transient glitch. In any event, the paper model of the vase is well worth seeing.

Don