PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 04-30-2012, 08:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 627.66 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixergs View Post
Even with all his skills I think Boats is going to struggle to beat this guys model. Titanic Replica: Billionaire Clive Palmer Commissions Chinese Shipyard | World News | Sky News Hopefully this one will have more success.

Ahoy Gixerds
Dont know about a 1.1 foot scale of the real vessel buit i have a set of 1/48 scale plans of a 19foot titanic I been thinking about building one in that scale this summertime. I have a lot of wood stowed in the spriung house. ouit in my garage I,ll move my firstmates car and this can be my luft building to build the massiuve 38 inch bulkhead frmaes with my trusty bandsaw I can do this. you got me started Phil .

boats
Old 05-01-2012, 01:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 20.88 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
Ahoy Gixerds
Dont know about a 1.1 foot scale of the real vessel buit i have a set of 1/48 scale plans of a 19foot titanic I been thinking about building one in that scale this summertime. I have a lot of wood stowed in the spriung house. ouit in my garage I,ll move my firstmates car and this can be my luft building to build the massiuve 38 inch bulkhead frmaes with my trusty bandsaw I can do this. you got me started Phil .

boats
Where did these plans come from? Is it the Peter Davies-Garner book?

When you get the Gomix titanic I think the frame is solid enough to build in that scale, Have a look and see if its a better alternative.

John
Old 05-01-2012, 05:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
WOW Boats! a 1/48 19 foot long Titanic she will be a sight to see.I'm not sure if your First Mate will be happy with me if I've encouraged you to kick her car out of the garage to make it but at least at that size you'll be able to use it to cruise over and visit!!.
All the very best my friend
Phil
Old 05-01-2012, 12:50 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Irishman View Post
Where did these plans come from? Is it the Peter Davies-Garner book?

When you get the Gomix titanic I think the frame is solid enough to build in that scale, Have a look and see if its a better alternative.

John

Ahoy John
Yes I got the book from The TRMA they are very detailed I will start that project after I finish the Gomix Kit. The book from Peter Davis is a highly recemended book it is great reading with the plans and how the model is constructed is a bible of its own for anyone who will except the challenge in building a 1/4th scale Titanic I also have a set blown up to 1/48 scale from Abe Taubmans plan service. My first mate Ruthie is in question where am going to put it when done I replied to here I will keep it on one side of the garage. So far she is not all steamed up as long as she has room to stowe our car thank heavens we have a big double garage I believe its big enough to shelter a 19 foot titanic and out car. thanks John your a god sent sir.

boats
Attached Thumbnails
1:1 Titanic replica-283325_244910938865831_100000407812298_894563_4007447_n.jpg   1:1 Titanic replica-popeye2.jpg  
Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
WOW Boats! a 1/48 19 foot long Titanic she will be a sight to see.I'm not sure if your First Mate will be happy with me if I've encouraged you to kick her car out of the garage to make it but at least at that size you'll be able to use it to cruise over and visit!!.
All the very best my friend
Phil

Ahoy Phil
LOLllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll Oh Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!! that will really be something,When it comes to having her car out ofd the garage has been already discussed, she mentioned where in The Sam houston are you going to build ans store it at. I said can I have one side of the garge and the other is your side, she dont seem to mind when it was mentioned thyis means I will have one heck of a honey do list I can see it noe paint the house work in the garden, cut down a few trees here and there and then some. WHewwwwwwwwwww I should live so long, got to keep mama happy thanks Phil your the greatist.

Boats
Old 05-01-2012, 05:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 313.47 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to murphyaa Send a message via Skype™ to murphyaa
Just from a read of the article, it sounds like the ship is only gonna look like the Titanic. It mentions a cafe, store, and internet room in the funnels, and it'll probably have all the modern amenities. I think he even mentions it'll be called the Titanic II.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 95.08 MB
So long as she doesn't come after me for putting the idea in your head!!. A few chores in order to keep a happy first mate as well as a 19 foot Titanic is not to bad a price,of course the real challenge will be the 2200 1/48 figures to put on the model.
All the very best to you and you oh so understanding first mate
Phil
Old 05-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
So long as she doesn't come after me for putting the idea in your head!!. A few chores in order to keep a happy first mate as well as a 19 foot Titanic is not to bad a price,of course the real challenge will be the 2200 1/48 figures to put on the model.
All the very best to you and you oh so understanding first mate
Phil
And then getting them moving around now that would be a serious piece of automata engineering