PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 05-17-2012, 01:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 52.28 MB
Japanese Aircraft paper models

Hey Guys,

Just a quick post. Have you seen these before? I Thought I'll share this. However sorry for the direct post to the models... Seeing that I have already navigated the site.. I thought it would be easier without you searching for the models. The site also gives instructions on how to fly them. It's a Japanese site, hope you understand ;-)

Models page
http://asahi21c.hobby-web.net/kataganinoheya.html

Main page
http://asahi21c.hobby-web.net/index.html

Last edited by Werner Smuts; 05-17-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 05-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This is a terrific find, Werner. The aircraft models have similar beautiful graphics as the old Troskiy models did, but appear to have more rounded contours and more realistic airfoil shapes. I can't wait to get past the current busy work period and to be able to try building some of them (and resuming my Japanese translation practice, as I used to do when new Trotskies came out).

I also notice that they use the double tab method of joining the fuselage halves.

The notice on the splash page for the models says something like:

"Go to the room of downloads and click the name of the aircraft.
You can see a video, or skip the video and click on the photo.
[This takes you to the?] individual aircraft, but there is a supplementary explanation, but first try building the basic model by looking at it.
Except for personal use, modification of the data, printing for commercial use, and distribution of the data without permission is prohibited .
Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher containing Japanese fonts is required to view the files .
In addition, in order to display the "wing-digit parts," you must have 3 Standard RootPro CAD."

Clicking on the link to the right of the photo of each aircraft takes you to the model.

The link labeled "主翼桁" means "Wing Digits" and takes you to patterns for dihedral and spars.

参考画像 means "Reference Images" and takes you to a series of close up photos that show what the model looks like.

The main page says something like:

"Welcome to airplane flying! These are paper airplanes [we have designed? literally, "made from such concepts"]. We have created them for personal enjoyment, but to make them fly when completed will take considerable effort."

The linkes below take you to "The Hangar Room" (格納庫のへや) [the models], "Tool Room" (道具のへや) [illustrations and info on tools], "How to fly Room" (飛ばし方のへや) [Flying instructions], "Create a Zero Fighter Room (零戦をつくる) [Apparently info on how to procure brass or white metal armament, Links (リンクのへや), "WWW in thought" ( 思案中WWW) [Perhaps essays and photos about Japanese Pacific War aircraft?], "Contact Information" (ご感想・お問い合わせ) [a shortcut that doesn't work for me], and "Zero Fighter Bulletin Board" ( 「零戦をつくる」掲示板) [I haven't figured this one out yet, but it may be a forum.

I foresee spending a lot of time with this site.

Many thanks for sharing it Werner.

Don