PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 07-29-2012, 03:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Cortina/Taunus

Ford Cortina/Taunus. 54 pages of instructions, so it should be good.

Mechanical Horses: Ford Cortina and Taunus paper model
Google Adsense
Old 07-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Thumbs up

OMG... Thanks soooooo much for this little gem SPLENDID !!!!! You are the man !
Old 07-30-2012, 02:55 PM

Believe it or not, I was actually looking for dairy cows when I found this.
It's amazing what you trip over whilst surfin' ain't it!

The instructions are very well put together with plenty of photos. I just love the way he forms the body panel curves by gluing shapes to the back and buffing the front with a spoon to form the ridges.

54 pages (56 if you include the number key pages) of instructions for a 4 page model which could have fitted on two pages, and it gives alternative parts to build as either a Cortina or a Taunus.

Methinks the guy is a professional designer. Any one heard of him?
D. Bravo .. from Mechanical Horses, somewhere in Spain.

Johnny.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Cortina

Nice find , i,ve downloaded it and it looks very good,like the two alternatives , but iv.e got to go for the right hand drive cortina, had a Mk 2 and a Mk3 myself but never this one .
Old 07-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Nice find , i,ve downloaded it and it looks very good,like the two alternatives , but iv.e got to go for the right hand drive cortina, had a Mk 2 and a Mk3 myself but never this one .
You are sooooooooo lucky.... the MkIII is to die for ! I drove one way back, what a rush that was. I was young and this was one of the first cars i had the pleasure to drive. The guy who owned it allowed me to drive a few times a week. When i think of how she felt compared to the ride i own now {A Proton Wira 1.5} which is a nice enough ride but a pussy in reality. I always felt like i had a proper car back then, you could feel the road, and the car was a beauty to drive. When i get chance i will build the model {the link really made my day} and perhaps try to redesign the the front end to that of my avatar
Google Adsense
Old 07-30-2012, 04:31 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Believe it or not, I was actually looking for dairy cows when I found this.
It's amazing what you trip over whilst surfin' ain't it!

The instructions are very well put together with plenty of photos. I just love the way he forms the body panel curves by gluing shapes to the back and buffing the front with a spoon to form the ridges.

54 pages (56 if you include the number key pages) of instructions for a 4 page model which could have fitted on two pages, and it gives alternative parts to build as either a Cortina or a Taunus.

Methinks the guy is a professional designer. Any one heard of him?
D. Bravo .. from Mechanical Horses, somewhere in Spain.

Johnny.
Thank God for Dairy Cows is all i can say John
Old 07-30-2012, 04:44 PM

Yeah, I've had a couple of 'Tinas, 10 year or so back now. Not sure what mark they were, I just know that they definitely weren't Mk1 or this coke bottle one, which I assume is a Mk4. I've also had a couple of Caprii too ... Tina wins out every time though. The Dagenham built Caprii were real tin cans. Pretty body shape, but just slung together. I never found a dud Grannie though. Methinks that's a Grannie in your avatar Peter.

Johnny.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Yeah, I've had a couple of 'Tinas, 10 year or so back now. Not sure what mark they were, I just know that they definitely weren't Mk1 or this coke bottle one, which I assume is a Mk4. I've also had a couple of Caprii too ... Tina wins out every time though. The Dagenham built Caprii were real tin cans. Pretty body shape, but just slung together. I never found a dud Grannie though. Methinks that's a Grannie in your avatar Peter.

Johnny.
The Capri's are a nice shape. But the only car that ever gave me a buzz was Tina. I recall having to really grip the wheel and give her some positive moves, she clung to the road like glue, and for her weight to engine ration, she wasn't shy off the mark One of my other favs is the oh so Luxurious Rover P-5
Old 07-30-2012, 05:13 PM

Eat yer heart out Peter ... I've recently parted company with a Mk2 Jag, and I'm currently playing with an old Range Rover Classic. They drink like Georgie Best though, so there's also a wee Corsa SXi for use as a shopping trolley. When the Rangie is finished I'm hoping to go back to my real love though ... the '68-'72 Citroen DS21, but the prices for good ones are up in the stratophere now.

Johnny.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:33 PM
Forum Helper

Quote:
Eat yer heart out Peter ... I've recently parted company with a Mk2 Jag, and I'm currently playing with an old Range Rover Classic. They drink like Georgie Best though, so there's also a wee Corsa SXi for use as a shopping trolley. When the Rangie is finished I'm hoping to go back to my real love though ... the '68-'72 Citroen DS21, but the prices for good ones are up in the stratophere now.

Johnny.
Ok............. i have now gone a shade of green was she {the MkII Jag} BRG ? or to really upset me BRONZE ? You like the classics for sure, the DS21 is surely one of thee classics. If i had one of those and you owned a Tina III, my guess is you'd do a swap for sure
Google Adsense