PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-17-2012, 04:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 3.29 GB
To Richkat/Airdave,
Do you mean a direct conversion or is it by using a PDF-file-printer?
If the first: what is the program for that?

Willem E.
(AKA Ponytail)

Last edited by Ponytail; 12-17-2012 at 04:47 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-17-2012, 07:33 AM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
In the video I made, I answered a question on this forum
by showing how to create a PDF file from a PDO file.
But you need to have a PDF program on your system.
There are a number of PDF creation programs (I use Acrobat).
Old 12-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
I tried to download the free pep-viewer, but it's a .exe. Have to have windows
to download. I have the "original" windows, aka iMac.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.63 GB
Hi RJM

You can download a lot of PDO file models with your Mac, download Pepakura Viewer which is a "portable" program which does not need to install to run on a PC, and burn the PDO files and viewer to a CD or DVD or store them on a thumb drive.

If you live in a moderate sized town there will be a FEDEX (exKinkos) store or a print shop that can print the files for you (using the viewer program you provide along with the PDO files) , or you can rent PC time at FEDEX and convert the PDOs to PDF, and make another disk that you can use on your MAC.

A computer repair store could also do the conversion for you, but it would be cheaper to learn how to do it yourself on a borrowed computer.

A locally owned print shop with a co operative owner could convert and print the files for you. I like to print my own models, but having it done for you is not horribly expensive, and some models benefit from being printed out on a high res large format printer on high quality paper.

Or ask a PC owning friend to print or convert the files for you, or if your job is employee friendly, use a PC at work to do the conversion to PDF or other MAC usable image file type.

PrimoPDF and 7PDFmaker are just a couple of many file to PDF converters, they are low cost share ware. If you do not mind an ad being printed on your pages, Foxit reader had. probably still has an add on for converting files to PDF, if you give them money you can convert to PDFs without the ad appearing on your pages. Adobe Acrobat makes PDFs, it is a very usefull program but you pay a premium price for it.

You should be able to find PDF creation programs for the PC on either Major Geeks, Softpedia or File Hippo.

I think Pepakura will run on Linux with Wine, so there are probably MAC programs which will let you run Windows programs without having to buy and install Windows on your MAC as a virtual OS.

Of if you have some spare money you can buy a inexpensive used lap top with Windows XP installed at a Goodwill store or through a computer repair shop or get a rebuilt laptop from Dell or Gateway or HP.