PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 01-14-2013, 06:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Dutch paper model store

Hi all, I came across this site while looking into Johan Scherft's paper birds. He mentioned that he had previously made some for a publisher which are available (among other commercial models) here:

www.leonschuijt.com

It seems rather expensive, but I thought I'd share anyway in case anyone's interested.
Google Adsense
Old 01-14-2013, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
They've got some nice Architectural stuff I've not seen before, and Leon's birds are quite tempting. OK, maybe a bit dear but when you consider the ink, cardstock, packaging, etc, plus a bit of retail profit, the prices aren't that bad. We are all just spoilt by the fantastic amount of models we are used to downloading for free, but add in the ink and cardstock, and a lot of free models can start to get expensive.

And to think I just got 18 x A3 printed cards plus four A3 sides of instructions for £2. A Birdmobile Osprey, found in a Charity shop.
It's gonna cost a bit to get it all photocopied though ... I don't want to cut the original as it's quite an old collectible print.

Johnny.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 PM

I was going to place an order and found that the shipping was more than the model.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
AS JohnM says: postage keeps going up... When I order models from Japan, they ask me to pay in gold bars...
Of course I (www.zeistbouwplaten.nl, bilingual site) also sell models abroad - postage is horrible, but can sometimes be reduced by cutting a model up to fit in a letter rather than package size. Removing the heavy card backing can also help. And of course you could always try to pool orders with other modellers?!
Will be glad to help - mail me.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 38.14 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by think-floyd View Post
Hi all, I came across this site while looking into Johan Scherft's paper birds. He mentioned that he had previously made some for a publisher which are available (among other commercial models) here:

www.leonschuijt.com

It seems rather expensive, but I thought I'd share anyway in case anyone's interested.
I purchased some of Johans models from Diderick (see his post above) along with a couple others. Combining the postage on several models helps. I also found Diderick much more responsive than Leon at the site you linked to.

Good luck,

Steve
Google Adsense
Old 01-23-2013, 07:45 AM

Thank you for the tips gentlemen, the points about ink and printing costs are very valid. I suppose it comes down to what you would be willing to pay for the size and complexity of the models. Johan's birds are beautiful models, but not much of a challenge; I completed each of the free ones in a couple of hours. I think I'll save up for something bigger and harder