PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-03-2013, 08:26 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rewalston View Post
To build this model you have to use the PDO file. That is basically the instructions for building it.

Rusty
I hope you don't mind my asking where this POD file can be found? I downloaded the file late last night and don't recall seeing a PDO file.

Thanks SFZ
Old 02-03-2013, 09:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
When you unzip the downloaded .rar file you will see the .pdo and a folder called "data" with the .jpg files.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:04 AM

Total Downloaded: 29.49 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
When you unzip the downloaded .rar file you will see the .pdo and a folder called "data" with the .jpg files.
Thanks, I found it.

I was so fixated on the data file I just must have blown past the PDO file

SFX
Old 02-03-2013, 10:15 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
It is well tucked up this one. The download is well mixed in with adverts for other things, and even when you do find it, it has a time-out delay (or a paid for DL licence), but keep trying. It's in there for free somewhere. If a dummy like me can find it, I'm sure you guys can.

It's the first time I've ever downloaded a .rar file that actually contained another .rar file though. This second .rar file contains a full set of single page .jpg files. All 58 pages are in there. These are probably more useful for scale changing, as I don't think the .pdo pages will make a 1:1 scale model like the one in the OP picture. I could be wrong there though, as I haven't printed anything yet.

Now I expected a good viewing count on this one, but I'm quite surprised at how many people do actually seem to be going for it, and admitting it.
C'mon, yer not all that hard done by are ya. It's only paper, and it will take a lot of card, ink, and work to achieve a result. Might I suggest a trip to Keez dot com could be more satisfying. Certainly a lot cheaper.

Johnny.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:54 AM

Would you believe it? I went to open up the .pdo file, to see if I could work out which pages contained the head .... and I couldn't find the downloaded files anywhere on my computer. Last night, I thought I'd stashed them safely away on my Archive hard drive, so when I cleaned up my desktop prior to shutting down, I must have tipped the .rar file into the trash can. The lot ... everything !!!

So, today I went through the download procedure again ...
Pleasant surprise this time though ... Starting from klikpaper.blogspot.com ... start to finish in 4 minutes.

Dunno where I got the idea that I'd been all around the houses last time, although I did start off from the PaperSquare listings, and my BroadBand pipe seems to be running ten times faster today. I did download several things yesterday, and my BB pipe was running very slow, but I was sure it was this one that took 45 minutes to download whilst I had me dinner.

Or, I suppose it could just be me getting confused again. I am getting old y'know.

Never mind,eh ... It's safely stashed in me archives now, but it's still gonna take some studying to sort the head pages only out.

Keep on snippin'

Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 02-09-2013, 05:53 PM

I've just found this on Papercraft square ...

Looks to be quite a rival to Uhu's Tink, and a hell of a lot bigger too. I keep going back to Uhu's one, but she's way too small for my sausage fingers. Three attempts to get the face right so far, but she's grinning up at me from the corner of the cutting mat now. Think the hair's gone right this time, so another go at the chest is next.

Unless I decide to start this new one first that is. I've got a Snow White and an Arial from the same designer too. They all look to be quite detailed.

Incidently, for the other voyeurs amongst us, there are many, many, paper ladies listed at Papercraftsquare.com. You've just gotta wade through all the cubees and other toys to find them.

Keep on snippin'

Johnny.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.63 GB
I am glad to see that I am not the only one having problems finding the download links. I can get to the web site and see the picture of the two models, but I can find the download links for only one of them. The files for the other one seem to be missing. Has anyone had any luck with "wayback"? The smaller one seems less detailed and would not use up as much ink and paper.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:51 PM

Which two models are you looking at John?

If you're looking to download the oriental in the yella vest, I'm afraid she's for real mate.
I presume she designed or at least built the paper Amazon.

Johnny.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.63 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Which two models are you looking at John?

If you're looking to download the oriental in the yella vest, I'm afraid she's for real mate.
I presume she designed or at least built the paper Amazon.

Johnny.
Dang, I really really liked the photo real appearance of the smaller model, would have been an interesting build ().
Old 02-17-2013, 06:18 PM

I'm quite chuffed. This little minx is now finished at last.

Y'know, for a simple one page giveaway, this is quite an involved model for a fat fingered ol' duffer like me. Reading glasses, Illuminated magnifier, tweezers, surgical clamps, and hypodermic needle (for glue) all came into play, and there were several abortive attempts. Still these did throw up some extra wings, so these are now double sided.

This is the first Uhu02 model I've made, and I must express my respect for the exquisite design work. I truly feel that I've been in the presence of a master.

Dare I start on his Black Pearl? I downloaded that many many, months ago, before I'd even found this forum, but I've been putting it off until I'd retrained these old eyes and fingers to more intricate work.

Johnny.
Google Adsense