Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 03-03-2013, 07:10 AM

Total Downloaded: 7.44 MB
Very well said Legoman.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wagenseil;346054J
The Japanese were horrid, but unlike Western countries, they honored my grandparent's passport, which allowed them to escape from Europe.
The problem with history is the more you dig the dirtier you get.

Britain and America had government proposals to accept massive numbers of Jews, the plans were criticised and scuppered by Zionist groups, who also scuppered a plan to transport all Jews from Nazi-occupied Europe, among many smaller-scale plans. Zionists were also unambiguous in their public language as to why they rejected such evacuation plans: they believed (probably correctly) if large numbers of Jews ended up in tolerant, prosperous countries they would have little motivation to move to Palestine.

There are many academic and Jewish sources for this, the landmark newspaper article was The Wall Street Journal December 2, 1976, but there is a huge amount of Jewish scholarship on this issue too if you care to read up on it.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:39 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
This thread is diverging from the original topic of the model into what can become a more heated discussion on the rights/wrongs/situations/effects etc. of the past.

Keep discussions directly related to the model. Any further discussions concerning anything other than THE MODEL, will be handled appropriately.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
I personally do not see paper models as outright toys (although they can be). I build models as representations of reality or fantasy for display/informational purposes. That said...

My opinion, I like the "model". If all the model has done is to ignite a discussion and encourage us to investigate the history (positive or negative) behind the subject then job well done. Isn't any art form the same (this forum included).

Regards

Niki

Last edited by nikischutt; 03-03-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 357.33 MB
Paper Models = Toys?

I agre with you, Niki,

I personally have a hard time seeing a paper model just as a simple pastime or toy. For me, it is an artistic expression, a piece of art in three dimensions, created with your hands and mind. Especially so if you add something of your own or if you have an intent, a message or historical statement that you want to get across to the larger community.

Contributors such as for example Doris at this forum has showed us all the remarkable span of this art form.

All the best,
Bengt in Stockholm
Google Adsense
Old 03-04-2013, 04:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
I think that my posts was understood.
I don't say that papermodels are toys, but for me in this model, the form of it is not enough, not serious to honored milions of death, especially when is downloadable. What schould be? I dont know, I wrote that must be need really great artist to make something like that.
For pure modeling view ( without expresive point of view ) this model is just simple boxes, ok, it is good ( I really like others Mauther's designs ), but not an artwork of designing.
Textures is ok too, but for me, when I looking from pure grafic/painter point of view it is not enough to call this an artwork.
Sorry if anyone take my post like attack on Mauthers. Maybe I have too demending criteria.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 359.93 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjb89 View Post
Sorry if anyone take my post like attack on Mauthers. Maybe I have too demending criteria.
This is a model build and design forum, constructive criticism is always good.

Niki

Tags
diorama, download, paper model, papercraft, ww2