PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 70.48 MB
Auschwitz Concentration Camp Main Entrance Diorama

Here is the Auschwitz Concentration Camp Main Entrance Diorama, ready to download!

If you want to build your own symbol of human stupidity and intolerance, please visit Papermau.

Link: Auschwitz Concentration Camp Main Entrance Diorama - by Papermau Download Now!

Google Adsense
Old 02-28-2013, 05:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 857.36 MB
Thank you for this. It's a good reminder for all of us.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 25.49 MB
The South African Air Force within the American Balkan Air Force took the first pictures of the camp. Attached picture with write-up. From The South African Air Force at War by Martin Louw and Stefaan Bouwier, Chris van Rensburg Publications. 1995. Went to the Memorial in Jerusalem, recommend.
Attached Thumbnails
Auschwitz Concentration Camp Main Entrance Diorama-af_0001.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
I have seen this model, or something like it before. 1,3 million people passed through this gate, 1,1 million of whom died. I find it absolutely distasteful and disgusting that anyone should even think of making this into a papermodel, essentially just a pastime. I kow this is an irrational idea of mine, but I hope people may share my feeling.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:20 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.13 GB
Thank you for this model, when assembled it will be placed with my World War II collection. Many people today deny that the Holocaust really happened and attempt to explain it away with some very flawed theories. It did happen and no amount of denial will change that fact. Other people simply ignore it in hope that we will soon forget this terrible time in history, but I feel we should remember it always and never allow something like this to happen again.
Google Adsense
Old 02-28-2013, 09:44 AM

Total Downloaded: 70.48 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diderick A. den Bakker View Post
I have seen this model, or something like it before. 1,3 million people passed through this gate, 1,1 million of whom died. I find it absolutely distasteful and disgusting that anyone should even think of making this into a papermodel, essentially just a pastime. I kow this is an irrational idea of mine, but I hope people may share my feeling.

Hello, Mr. Bakker,

This is your opinion and I respect it, but where you see "bad taste", I see "Dont Forget!"

This model does not in any way condoning Nazism, but reiterates that a small part of humanity considers a story invented by the Jews.

Papercrafts for me is not just a hobby, but also a means of sharing ideas.

"Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it" - George Santayana

Respectfully,

Mauther
Old 02-28-2013, 10:57 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I get chills when watching Schindler's List and the train carrying the women chugs into Auschwitz under that arched entry.

Two of my uncles (now deceased) in the US Army during WWII were in units that came across some of those kind of camps in eastern Europe in 1945. They really did not like to talk about what they saw.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:11 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I really appreciate this model. We cannot forget the past or we will be doomed to repeat it. Doing this in black and white really adds to the grim severity of what went on there.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:32 AM

Total Downloaded: 591.57 MB
" If you tell a lie often enough and with such conviction people will eventually believe it" This may not be the exact word words but I was reading an article comparing Adolph Hitler and The current American president. These people and their sicophants keep telling the same ones over and over . In this case the holocaust never happened, hopefully we all know differant. I saw this thread, and the picture of the model, and a cold stark chill went up my back. I have mixed feelings about this kit, but ultimately I respect your right and explanation as to why it was made. After all we hypocrites make Nazi tanks, airplanes and ships the very instruments that kept madmen like Hitler in power for so long. True they were manned by simple soldiers devoted to their country but they too symbolize tools of a very dark time in recent history.
Old 02-28-2013, 12:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
I propose that this model be made in colour with all the usual embellishments to remind us all that this can happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone, and not just in a distant grim past on a foreign land. In my mind, the true horror of fascism lies in its banality. It was a crime committed by all, and not just under the spell of one.
Google Adsense

Tags
diorama, download, paper model, papercraft, ww2