PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
I think that, unless the license allows otherwise and the Wings of Horus one did, you could only sell one made up model for each copy of the downloadable kit that you bought...
Old 08-28-2013, 09:30 PM

Total Downloaded: 257.44 MB
yes, selling the finished model is legal.

and since digital paper models are given with the allowance for multiple print and build
you could technically build it as many times as you like and sell those builds.

The real problem when selling the finished model on a site like eBay
or at any online store
is you have to use the name of the model,
and images of the model,
and other information about the model
that you do not have permission to use.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:17 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.12 MB
Actually I was looking for a legal source to purchase models, which seems to be rather difficult in SA. I noticed the name of the model because its one I came across at a site where there are a lot of free downloads in pdf format but where due credit is given to the designer. I just thought I'd share it since it feels kind of wrong to me that som one can try and sell some one else's work and not give the original creator the credit. Difficulty with the legal purchasing part in SA is the fact that a credit card is a bit of a luxury for most of us here and with the current exchange rate between ZAR and US Dollar it is just too plainly expensive
Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 223.07 MB
In this Global World Net thing we live in now, it is easy sometimes to forget that things are not the same everywhere.

Do you have a printer?

If not I can understand the need to find pre-printed models. But in the long run a printer and digital downloads are really cheaper and better. Especially if you screw up parts as much as I do.

Anyway........... thanks for pointing us to the fact that someone (again) is trying to make money off of someone else's HARD work.

john

My Drawings
Old 08-28-2013, 10:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.12 MB
Actually my third printer decided enough is enough. Looking around for new one now. I was trying to locate a site in SA where I can purchase the template / pdf file legally to support the hard working guys that put effort into making these models. Think there was a bit of a misunderstanding, I hate the pirates just as much as the next guy and will not support them. I'd rather have a small selection of legal downloads than have a large selection of pirated stuff.seems the paper model hobby is a bit of a unknown in the SA market where your models are limited to what guys over seas are putting out as downloads. Apoligies if I gave te idea that I was looking for pirated stuff.
Google Adsense
Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 AM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
No worries westley. My apology. You are correct, there was a bit of a misunderstanding with the way you worded your post. I see now what you
were trying to say.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Old 09-20-2016, 08:14 AM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 103.02 MB
Hi Guys, I want to write to Mr. Gary Pilsworth. Can anyone give me his email? Thanks
EDUARDO
Old 09-20-2016, 08:23 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Just send him a personal message through the forum and ask him for his email address, or tell him what you wanted to say in the PM
Old 09-20-2016, 02:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.74 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
Just send him a personal message through the forum and ask him for his email address, or tell him what you wanted to say in the PM
My head's swelling I'm famous or is it imfamous
just looked on that site gave up waiting for it to load
Old 09-20-2016, 05:16 PM

Location: Ripon, WI, 20 mi from Oshkosh - center of the Aviation Universe
Total Downloaded: 1.51 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBI View Post
Just a 2 cent question :-) If I bought a commercial model legally from store in digital file or in booklet and then scan and print it out on card stock, build and then sell a finish assemble model. is this illegal?
I would assume that is legal and ethical to build a printed kits and sell the finished model. In effect, you're reselling the kit with your value-added time, effort, and skill. For digital kits, it's a little fuzzier.

Could you legally, ethically build a digital kit many times and sell your work and still own the kit? I would think so. When I download a kit, there's nothing that says I can't build it many times. And if I sell a built-up kit, I'm selling my time and effort. Again, I think crediting the source is always the right thing to do.

On the other hand, if you buy a pre-printed kit, copy it, build it, and sell the finished model while keeping the original kit to build for yourself or someone else, you're on thin ice legally and ethically. It would seem to me that the publisher did not intend for you to build multiple copies of the kit and you have pirated it.

--David
Google Adsense