PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 12-21-2013, 02:57 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Mondorfer Rheinromantik carousel

Has anyone had any experience with this model?

Mondorfer Bastelbögen - Mondorfer Bastelbögen ... First model shown.

I want to reduce it to 00 scale (4mm to 1ft ... or 1:76.2) to match the rest of my fairground stuff, but first I need to find out what scale it is originally printed in.

I understand some of the German text, but I cannot see a scale referenced anywhere.

Keep on snippin' ... Johnny.
Google Adsense
Old 12-21-2013, 04:28 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
I did not see any scale reference either but I found some antique carousel horses with a dimension of 40 inches or 101.6 cm from chest to rump. A carousel horse printed at 100% from that model has a measurement of 1.7 cm from chest to rump (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). That gives a scale of 1:60 for the model horse. So if you print the model at 79% you should get an output of the 1:76.2 that you are after (or a reasonable facsimile thereof). Of course you should check the dimensions to make sure the gremlins are not at work here.
Old 12-21-2013, 04:50 PM

Print at 79%. Sounds good to me Doug. I'll have a little experiment with the page with horses on it. That should give a good indication by comparing them with the 00 people I have.

I doubt that I'll be building it until well into the New Year though. Too many others in the build pile to start back on the fair just yet, but one day I will continue with it.

I'm liking the Reisnrad (Ferris Wheel) on Racepaper.de too, but Volker tells me he hasn't had time to finish it yet. Have a look ... it is quite an involved project, that strips down and packs away into vehicles, and will include the construction vehicles as well. A diorama potential that can change daily.

Thanks for the interest.

Johnny.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:02 PM

Correction ... The Reisnrad is on streetpaper.de, not racepaper.de.
Both are Volker's sites anyway ... I think??

Johnny.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:40 PM

Total Downloaded: 58.50 MB
Page 14 has hand rails on it so you might also consider trying your OO people for size against those.
In any case it doesn't claim to be precise scale - quote from Gurgle translate -
"The model of the Mondorfer Rheinromantik carousel has no real role model. It was inspired by the Christmas decorations before the last few years, which are becoming more common to find the carousel."
Suspect the kit may already be near to the size you want.
And yes both are Volker's sites.
Google Adsense