PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-02-2014, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 16.47 MB
I see the link has been removed.... any way I can get a copy from someone ?
Old 02-02-2014, 11:12 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Done one better for all.

Here is the actual forum post by the author with the download link: ??? "???????? ??????" - ??????? ??? ?-65 ???????? 1:25 - Models-paper.com

From his original thread: ??? "???????? ??????" - ??????? ??? ?-65 ???????? 1:25 - Models-paper.com
Old 02-02-2014, 01:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
3Turner thanks for the forum post will come in handy.

It would take a bit of work to backdate the design. Here's 4 early 60's with the first one being a propane conversion. They were originally designed by C.L. Best Co before the merger with Holt to form Caterpillar. When a diesel engine was adapted later with a bit of redesign it became the Cat 65. A big difference is the early ones didn't have any real sheet metal except maybe a canopy. Styling hadn't came yet. They were replaced by the D series about 1938 which would have been around the time the Stalinets was being developed so there's a mix in them, but a lot of the frame/track mechanisms are similar, if not the same.

Got a couple of tractor shows coming up so will be looking for more info - and photos - at them.
Attached Thumbnails
Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-cat-2060-20lp-20ft-20lf-l.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-caterpillar-20sixty-20side-20rt-l.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-caterpillar-20sixty-20wo-20canopy-20side-20lf-l.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-caterpillar-20sixty-20ft-20lf-203_4-l.jpg  
Old 02-02-2014, 01:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
All the legit links in one place...

Thanks, Whulsey - that is a different tractor, clearly. I believe there was a Stalinets-60 which looks a lot like your photos. But that's clearly not the one modeled here.

Robert (3Turner) - what a good job you've done! And a sensible policy. Learned something here - if nothing else to contact you when one's own capabilities have been explored... !

Summing up available legit links:

Author's original Model-paper.com post with download of parts & instructions (not translated, in order for the link to work). This is what you may already have, if you've managed to get it from previous posts.

Author's original post with link to download of 3D-drawings (not translated) - preview them one after another rapidly and you'll almost see a movie! This is a must have if you have the parts and instructions - sooo beautiful! Not posted before, found it after Robert gave us the good links.

Author's original post with problems found - only small ones, but still good to have (translated into English). See also the following posts for further comments.

Author's original thread from the start, translated into English. Use this link to read the design & build report from the start, translated into English. If you do, you will find that the author has searched for a publisher, but failed to find one willing to go with the Stalinets tractor. What bad judgment from those publishers!

To end this, here are four samples of the 40 (sic!) 3D-illustrations available from the newly found link. We come in late, at no. 25 (of 40):

Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-3d-25.jpg Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-3d-30.jpg Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-3d-35.jpg Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-3d-40.jpg

Kind regards, Leif

PS. The download links from the original posts were exceptionally fast, from my part of the world at least. And the zipped files were smaller, albeit identical when unzipped, of course.

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 02-02-2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Getting the links & images in
Old 02-02-2014, 03:00 PM

Thanks Leif for putting the links together. Here's a bit more on the timeline of the various Cat-Stalinets time line from the Heavy Equipment Forum.

Russian Caterpillar's
My friend Jan Hofmann was to the Russian Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant for the 75th anniversary of the foundation of the factory.
Bit by bit there is more information on the beginning.
Caterpillar sold ±1350 Sixty tractors to Russian in the 1920, and they like them a lot .
Russian engineers came to Detroit to make a deal for building there on tractors.
Caterpillar engineers even help in building the first production line , and in 1933 the Stalinet- 60 get in action.
later cam the S65 with a diesel engine.
In 1946 the Cat D7 was copy to the S80.
This tractor was very popular and became later in the 1960 the S100.

Here's a link to the thread with some nice photos also there:
Russian Caterpillar's

Last edited by whulsey; 02-02-2014 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typo
Google Adsense
Old 02-02-2014, 03:57 PM

Thanks Whulsey. Very fine photos in that thread!

Just found the photo page recommended by the author:

• 8 pages of 216 (sic!) photos: "Stalinets S-65 (ChTZ-65), Shamansky's Workshop, Moscow, Russia, by Yuri Pasholok" (translated). This is one well-documented tractor!

Just for the record, I registered at Models-Paper.com and sent the author a note of warm thank you & greetings (Russian translated + English), with a link to this thread.

L.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Very interesting thread you have started here Leif.
It would be nice to build this model in a larger scale.

There is a kit available for purchase from Best Paper Modes in 1:87 scale.
Paper models 1/87(HO) S-65 Stalinetz, Hf.14 German Field Kitchen, 2 trailers | Bestpapermodels.com
or Paper model 1/87(HO) S-65 Stalinetz tractor with trailer | Bestpapermodels.com
As you can see, the kit builds up very nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0105.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0106.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0107.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0108.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0109.jpg  

Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0110.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0111.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0112.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0113.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0114.jpg  

Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0115.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0116.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0117.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0118.jpg   Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0119.jpg  

Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-pict0120.jpg  
Old 02-03-2014, 04:21 AM

What a fantastically nice series of Stalinets tractor & what it was used to haul! And in 1/87 scale. Great build, and the Bestpapermodel kits really do build up well, don't they. Thanks for showing, Kevin!

Incidentally, what kind of scale are you thinking of when you say "larger"? The M.B.A. model is 1/25 already. I was thinking of playing around with it, changing the dpi from 300 to 192 for 1/16 and rearranging parts. Would you be interested in such an upscale? As you know, I sort of like doing those things, even if I myself don't always build them... (Or were you just thinking about larger than 1/87...?)

On another tack, the original designer, Vyacheslav Melnikov, replied by mail today. It seems his Stalinets tractor might be published in Poland in a colored version. And it seems he will publish a final version (b&w?) on the Models-paper website, perhaps in the same thread, or possibly a new one. So it would be prudent to drop in there from time to time. Here's what he writes (translated):

Quote:
Hi, Leif!
Thank you for visiting my post on Models-paper.com and your attention to building the model of the tractor S-65. I'm glad you liked it. "Alpha" version should detect errors designer. Now I'm a test build on Models-paper.com. Watch page errors and all updates tractor models on this website. The final version of the model tractor S-65 will be posted on this website. May be paid commercial model of S-65 in color will be published in Poland.
Visit the menu files for Models-paper.com.
Best regards, Vyacheslav (М.В.А.)
Finally, I found these two pages of fantastic 3-views of the Stalinets, links provided by the Bestpapermodels pages you referred to, Kevin:

• Engines of the Red Army in WWII: Tractors - Heavy Tractor Stalinez - ChTZ S-65

• Engines of the Red Army in WWII: Tractors - Heavy Tractor Stalinez - ChTZ S-65 with Cab

Here's two samples:

Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-s-65-cab_small.jpg Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-s-65-left_small.jpg

From that website, for you Whulsey, is an S-60!:

• Engines of the Red Army in WWII: Tractors - Heavy Tractor Stalinez - ChTZ S-60

Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-s-60-cab_small.jpg Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-s-60-front_small.jpg Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-s-60-left_small.jpg Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-s-60-rear_small.jpg Stalinets-65 WWII Tractor - extremely detailed 1:25 free paper model-s-60-right_small.jpg

Last edited by Leif Ohlsson; 02-03-2014 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Getting the S-60 in
Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 678.6 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leif Ohlsson View Post
Incidentally, what kind of scale are you thinking of when you say "larger"? The M.B.A. model is 1/25 already.
Good morning and thank you for the nice complements, Leif!
Yes, the Bestpapermodel kits do go together very well, I look forward to building some of their other armor kits in the future.

As for a larger scale, I was just referring to the 1:25, M.B.A. kit. I have to go back and re read this thread for more details on it.

One other thing worth noting on my build of the BPM Stalinets Tractor, is that the model was printed without the use of any black ink (only C,M,Y).
It seems that the black inkjet head on my printer was clogged at the time and I did not realize until halfway through the build. But actually that's OK with me. I think at this smaller scale, it looks better with the more muted colors. A happy accident.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:29 AM

Leif, thanks for the links. Note from the side views of both that the tracks, frame and engine alignment is basically the same -- why I think the S-65 would give you the underpinnings to reverse engineer and backdate to the S-60 aka Cat 60.
Google Adsense