PaperModelers.com

PaperModelers.com (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/)
-   Found it on the internet (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/found-internet/)
-   -   www.bestpapermodels.com (https://www.papermodelers.com/forum/found-internet/2781-www-bestpapermodels-com.html)

avro202 07-30-2009 10:40 AM

I had a similar problem. Just yesterday I finaly got my paypal account sorted out, so I went to BestPaperModels and ordered 5(!) models. Well, the site took my money and I got the little "Download" buttons, but when I clicked on them, nothing happend. Now my "Downloads" area is empty and I"m out a fair amount of cash.

Tried to use the comments and problems box and leave a message, but so far no response.

I wish there was a way to email this guy directly.

elliott 07-30-2009 11:43 AM

The Contact Us link at the bottom of each page lists

[email protected] and
[email protected].

Has anyone emailing writing them and using a translator to convert the emails to Czech?

Or how about snail mailing them? Snail mail addresses are on the same page.

Just a thought.

Good luck.

avro202 07-30-2009 12:27 PM

I must have missed that. Thanks! I"m going to email them right now.

jimkrauzlis 07-30-2009 01:00 PM

I don't get the way this site works....

I paid for the models, am registered and therefore when I selected the "download" I see the "links" for downloading the model. Only problem is when I clicked on "download" nothing happens except the "download" link disappears! I made sure I didn't have the pop-up blocker on, but the only thing clicking on the download link does is erase the link!

There's got to be an explanation and solution to this! The transaction may be lightening quick, but it's all for naught if you don't get what you paid for!

Why can't ALL the sites work as nicely as Chris' ECardmodel site does???

Cheers!
Jim

avro202 07-30-2009 01:29 PM

Thats Exactly what happened to me. The site took my $, then gave me some little Download buttons. I clicked the buttons and nothing happened, except that the buttons went away.

I have now sent off an email to both the guys listed on the site. I send them a copy of my paypal reciept and a list of the models I was trying to download.

I"ll keep you informed of what (if anything) happens.

jimkrauzlis 07-30-2009 01:48 PM

You would think by now they would have realized there is a problem with their download procedure or links!

I sent them a message on the contact page, requesting that they send me the model files by email.

I, too, will let you know if anything happens.

Cheers!
Jim

mgolovanov 07-30-2009 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimkrauzlis (Post 63845)
There's got to be an explanation and solution to this!

The only solution for those having paid and not provided with download links is filing a refund claim with PayPal - your money most likely still there

jimkrauzlis 07-30-2009 04:42 PM

Yes, that's the route I am unfortunately forced to take.

I think my earlier message to them using the webpage contact got through, they re-posted the link tab, but, once again, clicking the link tab for downloads did nothing...the free download tabs work fine, so I think there's a glich in their automatic download link tabs.

Time will tell whether they fix it and respond to my emails.

Cheers!
Jim

RogerP 07-30-2009 07:30 PM

Best paper models

Hello again from OZ,

They continuously ignored my emails as well as those from paypal and after three weeks I think it was, after filing my refund request with paypal, I received my refund.

Anyone else who has paid for kits and NOT received same, I strongly suggest you claim a refund through paypal then give these guys a BIG MISS.

Cheers,
Roger.

Zathros 07-30-2009 08:05 PM

My identity was stolen through Paypal. I ordered 3 variable resistors from a company using my Mastercard Account and that site somehow was hacked (really big electronics supplier) and a guy opened a Paypal account in my name in Brazil and ordered $6000.00 dollars worth of audio equipment in 3 hours. My bank stopped the transactions and made Paypal reimburse the money. The bank immediately credited my account for the drafts. I have never had a Paypal account. Never will.

If a company deals with Paypal and that's the way they collect their fee I will not do business with them. Paypal treated me like crap when I tried to find out why they were sending me all these e-mails saying I had made purchases in Brazil. My bank straightened the whole situation out. Paypal hindered the whole process. Just a warning.