PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 03-17-2010, 12:34 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
Yes, re-registering is necessary. Not to be contrary, but my transaction went very smoothly without any confusion or complication. Just want both sides of the story to be heard.
I've had problems with almost all the electronic vendors I've used (with the exception of Ecardmodels; no problem yet), but all have been very good about working through the problem(s). Hopefully, the guys at Bestpapermodels have found their stride and the wrinkles have been ironed out.
Other than the registration problem, what changes would you suggest, Darwin? The guys seemed pretty quick to add the dollar feature once I mentioned it.
Chris
Old 03-17-2010, 01:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
For one, if being logged in is necessary to make a transaction that results in something more than just money being deposited in their account, there should be a step in the checkout process that brings up a log-on screen (as does papermodelstore and ecardmodels, and many of the better non-papermodeling electronic vendors) before allowing you to place the order. Procedure writing 101....if a step is essential, you put in interlocks to ensure it is done before allowing further progress.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
I completely agree with you on that one, 100%. That was actually what I was referring to when I said the registration problem, sorry I wasn't clearer. Hopefully, your posts will be noticed and the corrections will be made.
I was just wondering if you had found other operational problems on the site.
Chris
Old 03-17-2010, 01:38 PM

Total Downloaded: 314.05 MB
Other than the most essential item (getting product to customer), I didn't notice any other problems....the site didn't set off any security alarms or suchstuff, and they are developing a nice line of products.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:09 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
I had the same problems initially as Darwin described, and Michal was very helpful resolving all the problems and I have my 15 kits I ordered, including their Dakar race truck :D
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 03-17-2010, 03:09 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwin View Post
You had better create the account first. I ordered a couple of models last night thinking that I was still registered with them. The order went through (at least insofar as paypal dispursing the funds), but no download liks appeared, no prompts to log on appeared prior to paying for the models, etc. No download link messages have appeared in my mailbox, and, of course, after getting back to their site and finally getting logged on, no downloads available in the account. Quite frankly, this site still leaves a whole lot to be desired when compared with other electronic vendors. If this criticism leads me to being banned from their store, as happened when I was publicly critical of Chip's handling of Fiddlers Green, so be it.....

Dear Darwin,

We are very sorry, that your order did not go smoothly to download your models. We wanted to offer shopping without registration, so if you buy and you are not registred, links to download are sent to email, provided by your paypal (fast and easy). Unluckily, we have noticed, that sometimes emails are not delivered succesfuly - because of strict configuration of SPAM filters on customers email. That very probably happend to you. Thats our mistake, and we appologize for that. But there is another point...

Your order was made at Mar 17, 2010 2:45:19 AM (GMT+1 - our local time). In the morning I saw your order, and saw that you did not downloaded your products. I decided to wait a while. At about 12:00 AM I reviewed your order and when I saw no downloaded product I immediately made new order to your account with products you ordered and send you an email with apology and information about new order. I did not get any response or complaint. Your order is still not downloaded.

I admit our error, I admit that order process is not ideal and is not adequately described on our site. We are doing our best to improve that.

But what is totaly disappointing me, is the way, you are solving your problem. On our site, there is a page to "Contact us". If I had any troubles with order, the first step would be contacting the seller. We have recived no email to our contact email [email protected] (contact form) neither [email protected] (provided by paypal) form you. You only started to throw dirt at us on this forum. I think, and correct me if am I wrong, this forum is not an official way to contact your seller and solve problems with your order. We have much work with satisfying our customers and do not have much time to look at every forum. Official and constructive way to contact us is the email ([email protected]).

Thank you all for your constructive comments and feedbacks. We are doing our best to correct and improve our sites. We have just improved structure of our emails, to not be marked as SPAM with some strict SPAM filters. Every constructive comments or suggestions are welcome.

For solving problems and things with your orders, contact us via email [email protected] please. We will reply as fast as possible (within 24 hours).

Dear Darwin, we will not ban you and we will be glad to see some new orders from you. But in the future, if you had any problem, contact us in more constructive way, please.

Best regards,

Bestpapermodels.com
Lukáš Hübner
Webmaster
Old 03-17-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avro202 View Post
OK! I will be trying from home tonight. I did have an account on the old site...I assume I need to create a new one?
We thought about exporting accounts from old sites. Finaly we decided to not export because it would be a little bit complicated and because of not very good reputation from the past, we did not believe in many returning customers... :( We are happy, that old customers are returning, but create a new account, please.

Bestpapermodels.com
Lukáš Hübner
Webmaster
Old 03-17-2010, 03:28 PM

For all our dear customers: If you want a smooth order withnout any problem, you shlould be loged in - "Log in" button in the top of our site. Then you will see your products in your account at our eshop.

If you are not loged in, links to your products will be sent to email provided by your paypal account. This should work too, we have many orders succesfully completed this way. If you do not recive any email, look at your SPAM folder. If it is not even in SPAM folder, wait half an hour, please. If after that time you have no email, contact us, please.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:52 PM

Total Downloaded: 113.50 MB
Well, I finally got around to trying out the new bestpapermodels site software. Created an account, logged in, and ordered a model. Got the download link in a email almost immediately. Looks like things are working smoothly!

I noticed some of the earlier freebies are no longer available for free. But on the plus side there are a few new free models on the site. The free racing boat in particular caught my eye.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 55.12 MB
And so it goes...

This thread is a perfect example of what is good about Forums. Considerate, adult discussion from all sides is seen throughout this "saga". Obviously, BestPaperModels is improving rapidly and the fact that they are participating in the thread is a sign of their commitment to their enterprise. Watching the community feedback develop over a relatively short time is wonderful from my viewpoint as a process "guy". In effect, the thread has documented the iterative process improvement via user-driven "testing cycles". As the website is an interface - essentially "software" - having this immediate feedback & test from users allowed BPM to quickly bring their process back under control. Valuable information and experience was shared and another "node" in the paper modeling network is established. I salute all the posters for keeping their "cool", especially in light of the result - much improved access and a truly 'workable' site. Collaboration at it's best, indeed.
Nobi Junkers SRF BETA build - BETA Build: Nobi's Junkers SRF 1:48 scale
Google Adsense

Tags
www.bestpapermodels.com