PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 03-15-2009, 06:58 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
www.bestpapermodels.com

There was a mention in one of the threads about this site/publisher.

The two publishers of the models are Robert Navatril, and Pavel Bestr

They produced a line of simple models, and a couple of models of increasing difficulty.

Their models were produced by Parodia, and Betexa.

The models range from simple two page kits to multiple page kits, like the Corsair and USS Gambier Bay

I have not seen any of the weapons they showcase released by Parodia or Betexa.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Google Adsense
Old 03-15-2009, 09:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
A link to their site, if anyone is interested;
Paper Models & Colouring Books - The newest models
There are a number of free models available on the site, if you want to "test them out".
Chris
Old 03-24-2009, 01:29 AM

Total Downloaded: 79.6 KB
Gentlemen,

did anyone try to purchase a kit from them? Having paid for their Yak-1 through PayPal, I have not heard from them for a week. No reply to my 2 requests both through their contact form and to [email protected]
Old 03-24-2009, 02:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
Must be a recent problem. Both me and Chris (cjwalas) got our Po-2 quick as lighting. I used PayPal & credit card. Seemed very much like an automatic process. But that was a couple of weeks ago. - L.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:14 AM

Total Downloaded: 587.2 KB
After I placed my order I expected some type of confirmation/notification but nothing materialized. After waiting two days I kind of stumbled onto their "Downloads" page and to my surprise links to download my models were there....
Google Adsense
Old 03-24-2009, 06:42 AM

Total Downloaded: 14.54 MB
The site could use better clarification on their process. I've ordered twice from them and it was, as Leif states, quick as lightening. Your order immediately appears in the download section; I don't think there's any notification of it. I seem to remember being confused as well on my first order.
Chris
Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 AM

OK thanks

It looks like I managed to pay without registration - I did just go to checkout directly from the shopping cart. I can not remember if it asked me for something like login / password - but I have not received any registration confirmation / credentials afterwards.

So no login and hence no way to downloads... I have to wait for their response

Last edited by mgolovanov; 03-24-2009 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 54.96 MB
OK, I checked and understand your problem. The "Downloads" menu doesn't appear until you are logged in. You get logged in by filling in the "Register" form. Then you get an email with a confirmation code (automatic process).

Then you can log in and make your lightning quick, automatic purchase.

But you have already paid, without being registered, if I understand it correctly. How about registering under the name, email, and other info you used to make the payment, and then log in to check if there might be a download waiting? You never know...

Hope it works out, one way or the other.

Leif
Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 PM

Thanks Olaf, will try

I did just purchase Po-2 - again without registration. This time, however, I have carefully navigated back to bestpapermodels from the payPal payment confirmation page - and had "Download" link in the left side menu. This time I was able to download

As I understand now, previously I just had not navigated back to bestpapermodels - I thought that once the payment went, I would receive some notification or download link or something from them. There was no clear explanation that I MUST return back to be able to download. Obvious miss in ruling a user

PS. Registered under the same e-Mail as at PayPal - but still "Nothing to download."

Last edited by mgolovanov; 03-25-2009 at 12:00 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
You're probably right, mgolovanov. Many sites, including my own, require you to return to the originating site after entering PayPal before your order will register on the database. In most cases PayPal will automatically redirect you back after completing the transaction.

If you received no download link after your first purchase, trying to find it after registering will not help as your order simply didn't register on the site. It would probably be best if you send them your PayPal transaction ID# and also suggest they set up their PayPal system to auto return customers back to the store after completion of payment.

My galleries
Google Adsense

Tags
www.bestpapermodels.com