PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 03-26-2015, 01:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by flightsimmer2012 View Post
its now been confirmed the copilot crashed the aircraft, the pilot left the cockpit and the copilot put the aircraft in a dive...... no warnings on the cvr, cept for the pilot banging on the door, and the copilot breathing and the Ground proximity warning system sounding before impact followed by passenger screaming and impact
heard that leaked report last night,has it been confirmed now.wonder if it was deliberate or if co pilot collapsed.the reason i ask is that it was stated the aircraft descended for 8 minutes.thats not much of a dive as 8 minutes is a long time in flying

Last edited by herky; 03-26-2015 at 01:40 PM. Reason: add on
Old 03-26-2015, 01:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 243.86 MB
no Uncontrolled decompression, the cvr states that the captain wrapped on the cockpit door, then knocked harder, then with the sounds of screams coming from the passenger cabin he captain tried to force the door in . co pilot was still alive he was in control of the aircraft right to impact,also it stated that something was left intact in the cockpit showed the altitude was set for 100 ft, so this gentleman knew what he was doing.
Old 03-26-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
no Uncontrolled decompression, the cvr states that the captain wrapped on the cockpit door, then knocked harder, then with the sounds of screams coming from the passenger cabin he captain tried to force the door in . co pilot was still alive he was in control of the aircraft right to impact,also it stated that something was left intact in the cockpit showed the altitude was set for 100 ft, so this gentleman knew what he was doing.
that frightening if true
Old 03-26-2015, 02:09 PM

its on the CVR no warning but GPW, so sounds like pilot suicide , the other black box was found but the memory card was not it in , so the force of impact was soo massive it pulverized the aircraft and damaged the black boxes so badly that the memory card was thrown out of it... and them things were built to withstand just about anything
Old 03-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
A lot of hearsay.

A day ago I picked up the tail end of an interview. This seemed to imply there was a cry in the cockpit - the end of the interview related to if victims of an aneurysm or heart commonly make a noise...... But I do not know if they were discussing theory.

I am currently reresearching a famous crash in this part of the world - and it is proving to be a weird exercise indeed...
Old 03-26-2015, 03:21 PM

what is found on the CVR is not hear say that is FACT SIR not hearsay, if you are an aircrash investigator and you hear the PIC banging on the door and he can not get in and only the sound of the GPW and screaming,,, and im sure they were screaming not partying and an air craft put in a nose down high speed dive that is not hearsay
and if you are researching South African Airways Flight 295 Helderberg the plane went down due to catastrophic in-flight fire in the cargo area behind the passenger cabin,,, no weapons being carried on the aircraft that may have ignited and caused the fire and crash
Old 03-26-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
what is found on the CVR is not hear say that is FACT SIR not hearsay, if you are an aircrash investigator and you hear the PIC banging on the door and he can not get in and only the sound of the GPW and screaming,,, and im sure they were screaming not partying and an air craft put in a nose down high speed dive that is not hearsay
and if you are researching South African Airways Flight 295 Helderberg the plane went down due to catastrophic in-flight fire in the cargo area behind the passenger cabin,,, no weapons being carried on the aircraft that may have ignited and caused the fire and crash
i guess we will all have to wait till full,official report is issued .Seems strange they are releasing or leaking findings as they go along.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:22 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 594.81 MB
Quote:

The South African Boeing 747-200 crashed because of an onboard fire due to lithium ion batteries.
As for the Germanwings Airbus A320-211 the aircraft wasn't in a nose dive.
The first officer put the aircraft into a gradual descent, sort of the same approach you'd make to an airport.

-RunwayOneSixRight (Matthew)
Old 03-26-2015, 08:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 452.18 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunwayOneSixRight View Post
The South African Boeing 747-200 crashed because of an onboard fire due to lithium ion batteries.
Interesting... If my sources are correct, the crash was in 1987, and lithium ion batteries weren't commercially introduced until 1991.
Old 03-26-2015, 10:49 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 425.92 MB
Flightsimmer - I am not questioning what other people/recorder said. I am merely adding the "information" about the alleged "cry". And commenting this may be hearsay - as I did not pick up the comment anywhere else.

You now also indicate the actual CVR ("fact") has been released. Do you have a link to it? Would like to see it.....

--------------

No, I am not researching the Helderberg. The facts around the actual causes of the fire remain murky. And some key records remain unavailable, which renders any research here meaningless - unless one is going to push yet another conspiracy theory. But if you have an extra information snippet over and above the theories (along with sources) I would be grateful for it in a PM.

I am researching a far less "dramatic" event, where on visiting the crash site I picked up on something that puzzled me. Full records are available so it is just a question in this case of delving further into the events leading up to the actual cause (the latter not being in dispute).

There are incidentally many other interesting cases in South Africa where the cause was unclear to a degree - especially dating from the pre war years.