PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-08-2015, 10:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
heaps of new models

uploaded today to papercraftsquare .check out the military listings for ak 47s and other.
Google Adsense
Old 02-08-2015, 11:09 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
just in case you don't want to search for it, or have it bookmarked

PaperCraftSquare | Free Papercrafts, Paper Models, Paper Toys and Origami Download
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 02-09-2015, 05:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
Pepacura format only which is a nuisance.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:54 AM

Total Downloaded: 314.41 MB
I dont think you understand the virtue of pepakura? It is in of itself the program that gets most of the models out there initially for you to build. A lot that you find in PDF form probably to some degree started as a pep file. Secondly it is an instruction in how to build the model when no formal instructions were made by the designer. The 3D image to the left in any given pep file shows where the parts go. 3rd...its very easy to convert a pep file to PDF with as simple a program as cute PDF. A free program as well. open your mind! Pepakura has provided me a vast library of paper magic that i will never have enough time in this lifetime to build!
Mike
Old 02-09-2015, 09:14 AM

I have no problem with people using any software, I just have a limit on the different programs I have installed and have to learn.
Google Adsense
Old 02-09-2015, 01:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 451.36 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
I have no problem with people using any software, I just have a limit on the different programs I have installed and have to learn.
Come on, as a starting point, there's little to learn, just how to rotate/zoom the 3D view, and how to print/export to PDF (the latter requires a virtual printer).
As a Linux user, I agree that having to use VirtualBox to run Pepakura is a nuisance, but imcold is working on a multiplatform replacement.
I agree on all points mentioned by OhioMike, and Pepakura offers additional flexibility compared with a static file. E.g., one can set line widths, make textures bleed off faces, and with a bit of patience, move parts around the sheets.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:06 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Does the host of that site have permission to post those? I saw a few Nobi and Murph's Models on there. Also some TSMC models. It did at least site the TSMC, but not on Nobi's or Murph's. There is the Pilatus Porter from PaperTigerArmaments as well. The link to download it goes to a french modeling forum. I'm pretty sure it's the same model that is at ecardmodels in the "free models" category.

I guess Murph's T-28 taht's posted links to HIS site, but I wonder if folks know their stuff is on there?

Not trying to stir up the piracy pot, just curious.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Jeez, there must be 40 pages of just aircraft -- and as the pages are not numbered, it's time-consuming to go through them all. Yes, I recognized many models from Canon, Paper Replika, Aaron Murphy, and others. But I also found many models that were new to me, so I appreciate the information and the link.

Mike, I downloaded several models, virtually all in PDF format, not that I mind Pepakura so much. (My only real complaint is having to zoom dark pieces up to 400% in oder to see the fold lines.) There may well be Pepakura models at this website, but if that's all you found, we clearly downloaded different kits.

Willy, piracy would be an issue if the site gave away free the same models being sold elsewhere. But this site seems to be one of many (e.g., SS42 and Papercraft Museum) that merely shunt you to the freebies of various other sites. It's analogous to US court rulings that you can't complain if somebody takes things from your trash -- by putting them there, you've declared that they have no value, so there's no theft. Note, too, that PaperCraftSquare dos not give away these models directly -- it instead gives you the link to the models' original sites.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:50 PM

Total Downloaded: 76.03 MB
Thanks Yale. That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. Back to you regularly scheduled modeling.
Old 02-10-2015, 06:29 AM

Hi Yale, I found quite a lot of dead links and some pepakura files and went no further. A lot of the links I found are to a site where the download is either missing or has so many download this and that rubbish I could not be fussed to search for the file. If they want so much to 'sell' me someone else's software or get me a download that hijacks my browser etc I lose interest. I can see pepakura might interest people but with the collection of software I already have will not be delving into it myself. No offence intended and thanks for the heads up that I may have missed something.
Google Adsense