PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 10-08-2015, 08:16 PM
Banned

Total Downloaded: 103.02 MB
Citroën 2cv car made by CARTOKIT Wantes!!!!!

Hello my friends. On 2004, this company produced a beautiful model of the famous Citroën 2cv both the car and furgonette versions. I have the furgonette but I don't have the car version. Anybody can help me even if I have to pay for it? Thanks
EDUARDO
Google Adsense
Old 10-08-2015, 09:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Well, I had never heard of the company, so did an internet search of CARTOKIT Citroen 2cv paper model. I'm not sure how this came up...
Old 10-09-2015, 01:32 AM
POTW Editor

Total Downloaded: 76.82 MB
As I can remember Cartokit went out of business a couple of years ago, those where nice big kits, I still have the Jeep model somewhere
Every now and then they pop up on E-bay
Old 10-09-2015, 01:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 18.52 MB
Cartokit

I bought it ten years ago from the builder himself, in a toy fair in Paris. I could scan the sheets an reassemble the scans, these are large sheets indeed, in the old way.
I have a little drawing I did at that time, after the improved model the builder did himself from his starting kit, at the request of some modelers, showing how to build up the mechanism as to allow the wheels to bend when turning the steering wheel. Hope my drawing could help.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:59 AM

Carto-kit Citroën 2cv

Carto-kit models (Citroen 2cv, Jeep Willys, Citroen Méhari, Citroën C4)
Since I realized some people here were asking for these kits, I contacted the publisher, now retired for years, and as his website is down, I could only call him by phone, and I stumbled upon him by chance.

I met him on a toy fair in Paris, some 14 years ago. He is an enthusiast, who built numerous kits from Ingenia, when he was a young boy, in the 50's. His business, which was an extra one, is down for he did not find any serious people to hold this work over.

He has still some left to sell to anyone interested in.
- Citroën 2cv, scale 1/12:
berline
fourgonnette

Improved suspensions are included in the instructions, concerning the berline ( the early issued kit did not have them). They could apply to the fourgonnette, with some minor changes. They enable making the front wheels bending when turning the steering wheel, as on the real car. The result is worth the extra work it requires.

- Citroën C4 inter war period, " Champagne Mercier", scale 1/18.

- Jeep Willys, either red or green

- Citroën Méhari 1/12 (only available as photocopies).

- the Dodge truck is out of stock and no longer available

They are printed on thick paper, on purpose, as to match the way, up to the structure, the real cars were built. The design takes in account this very thickness. That matters the designer above all, whose kits are away from the standarts we are used to. Due to the large scale, they are perfect for anyone willing to customize them (opening doors etc...)
These kits are delivered along with English or German instructions on request. The first one ordered is sold for 20 euros, shipping included, and the next added to the order at half price, it is really a bargain.

I can call him by phone, to help those who doesn't speak French so well as I do.

Here is his postal address

Jean-Pierre Barre
Cartokit
15 rue du pont Edelin
44580 Bourgneuf en Retz
Frankreich
Google Adsense
Old 01-14-2016, 08:02 PM

Total Downloaded: 961.0 KB
I am very interested in the Citroën 2cv, scale 1/12: fourgonnette ( I built the berline 10 years ago and it was great!), Citroën Méhari 1/12 (only available as photocopies) & the plans for the improved suspension.
Did Jean-Pierre ever make an Ami 6 model? I read he was thinking about it, if an Ami 6 exists please add that to my list.
I know a few french words but that's all so English instructions would be required.
Will Paypal be an option for payment?
Thank you for assisting in my quest.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:20 PM

Total Downloaded: 7.78 MB
Scans and PayPal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaud View Post
Carto-kit models (Citroen 2cv, Jeep Willys, Citroen Méhari, Citroën C4)

He has still some left to sell to anyone interested in.
- Citroën 2cv, scale 1/12

These kits are delivered along with English or German instructions on request. The first one ordered is sold for 20 euros, shipping included, and the next added to the order at half price, it is really a bargain.

I can call him by phone, to help those who doesn't speak French so well as I do.

Here is his postal address

Jean-Pierre Barre
Cartokit
15 rue du pont Edelin
44580 Bourgneuf en Retz
Frankreich
I found this post, after seeing pictures from a display. Truthfully, I am only interested in the Citroen 2 CV. Does he have PayPal? I would like to try to order one. I have no idea what postage to the US would be, or if he would simply scan and email the images, I can print on heavy card-stock, here at home. I could pay the same, without the problems of shipping and postage, or even him having to print more, that way. I would need the instructions in English.

Thank you!
J.L. Frusha
Cedar Creek, TX, USA
Old 06-19-2016, 02:36 AM

Cartokit

I ordered a stack of models from the designer himself some 20 models I splitted between three of us, after finding again the designer I met himself two times in the Paris modeling fair fifteen tears ago, this after a quick research. The designer, who is long retired now, prefers to do so instead of supplying the customers one by one. And moreover, so, the price is even lower than expected, and even if he doesn't bother about scanning, what we could say "piracy ", it is not worth the work it requires. These models are quite different from what we are used to, it needs very thick paper, the instructions (in French of English) span over a single 33X20" sheet etc... It is another world in building models and paper modeling left it to take another way. What if... ? The explain probably why I read somewhere on Kartonbau.de many years ago somebody was so disappointed.
The fit is good, contrary to what it seems at first sight, due to numerous test fits before printing, and these models last for years, as they are surprisingly sturdy. These models are more close to work in progress, as could have said the choreographer Merce Cunningham, you can improve them as much as you can, since the basis are here: turning steering wheel, bending front wheels as on the real 2cv, the models starts from what it is really, up to the structure. The designer, before he designed a model, considered the " revue technique automobile", that is a magazine devoted to car mechanics.

As I said, the price you can get them is really a bargain, I pay the designer and I look after the dispatching when I get them, you'll have only to refund me with paypal. I have on my side to pay the designer by cheque, as in the good old times. I wish only to get enough orders to ensure enough discount and above all, the designer is reluctant to sending them one by one, times have gone...

For those interested in, I'll send you some pics of the plates, leave me you email.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:43 AM

Cartokit 2cv

And don't forget to refund me with paypal, guys!
Old 06-19-2016, 11:24 AM

Total Downloaded: 164.37 MB
Sorry, no 2CV - but two different Dodge kits still available. Go to my site - Zeist Bouwplaten - Import, verkoop, ontwerp en productie van papieren schaalmodellen, maquettes en bouwplaten (cardmodels), Modelbouw, Rietveld cutoutmodels, Transport, Military, or send me a mail or pm.
Google Adsense