PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 AM

Location: On a small planet orbiting a yellow star in a galaxy named after a candybar.
Total Downloaded: 3.68 GB
Penny????

I was too young for the first run of the series, I caught it years later in reruns. I did think Penny was cute, but I don't remember even as a wee lad finding her nearly the heavy breath as Judy! Then again, my tastes use to be more toward blondes in thos early years...

Remember that episode with some huge flower enveloping her? I think it was going to eat her or smother her or something. Been a long time.

Well, she made it look real comfortable inside that plant...

The DC
Old 06-10-2009, 10:21 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
Ashrunner, I never thought about it until you mentioned your "interest" in Judy. I guess ole Irwin Allen knew he had to do something to spice the old space opera up and he covered all the bases! Judy was too old for my purient interests, but Penny....ooh la la!

In fact, Penny is still active on the convention circuit and STILL looks hot. I must be getting old though I hadn't noticed.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Curently live in High Desert country, Redmond, Oregon to be specific.
Total Downloaded: 0
Send a message via AIM to Ashrunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavenport View Post
Ashrunner, I never thought about it until you mentioned your "interest" in Judy. I guess ole Irwin Allen knew he had to do something to spice the old space opera up and he covered all the bases! Judy was too old for my purient interests, but Penny....ooh la la!

In fact, Penny is still active on the convention circuit and STILL looks hot. I must be getting old though I hadn't noticed.
Lala...I'm not trying to continue a hijacking of your thread, but I would like to relay a funny story that happened to me a number of years ago. I stopped by an mIRC chat room and noticed the topic of discussion was Lost in Space. The people in the room were praising Angela Cartwright on her acting and how great she looked in the show. I joined the discussion and mentioned that I was caught in between Penny and Judy. Penny was too young for me and Judy was too old, and although I thought Penny was cute, I really had a heart throb for Judy.

I was then asked how old I was by one of the room members and I answered the question...at the time I think I was 46 (turned 58 Tuesday). A moment later, a reply came from one of the other participants which read something like this: Marta is six years older than you and I'm one year younger. How old did you think I was during the show? Needless to say, I was taken back by the question and after an exchange of remarks, asked that the person not pretend to be someone they aren't. I was immediately hit with private and public messages about the fact that Angela Cartwright was the person asking the question.

I told Angela I thought she was like four years younger than me during the show and we continued to chat with each other, mainly through private message, for a while. In the end, I had to admit I was more impressed with "Penny Robinson" then but still liked "Judy Robinson" better.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:46 PM

Ashrunner, I am green with envy! I would so risk my marriage for chance at "Penny!"

That is a great story and glad you shared it. Keds Girl? She lives for having us old geezers hijack her thread!
Old 06-11-2009, 07:09 PM

I do not care LOL. I do not know the show at all. I just see the flying saucer. I still vote Judy LOL
Google Adsense
Old 06-11-2009, 10:12 PM

Keds Girl, you have a wonderful sense of humor!
Old 06-13-2009, 12:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 23.60 MB
Compairing the TV series to the movie is like compairing the original star trek series to voyager. Both old series had better stories (and fist fights) and actors (especially Lost in space), the newer series(star trek and movie (lost in space) had better special effects. And I actually liked the new jupiter 2 in the movie. Nice and curvy rather than saucer shape. I would have liked someone to design a card model of the new jupiter.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:24 PM

Total Downloaded: 89.45 MB
I made Ron Caudillo's Space Pod; it's a satisfying build. I made it with plain paper, but the "real" TV prop was two-tone body, orange and silver, but when I tried to print orange on silver paper the color was unsatisfying.

...and last month I was at Wonderfest (Louisville), featuring Veronica Cartwright (Alien) and Angela Cartwright. She signed a photo for my daughter. Daughter says it's the best present ever, since she's seen "Sound of Music about 500 times.
Attached Thumbnails
Lost in Space Jupiter 2-bestever.jpg  
Old 06-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Forum Helper

Total Downloaded: 168.03 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONeill View Post
Lost in Space - another example of where the original beats the remake hands-down, corny acting, props and all...Penny Robinson...aaaah...yup...interesting how so many of us look back to these shows so fondly - certainly I would much rather watch Irwin Allen and Gerry Anderson reruns than CGI'd wannabes like Farscape and Andromeda...
I very big 2nd that :D
Old 06-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Ok now i look this show up more fully

There is a 2004 Warner Brothers TV version call "The Robinsons - Lost in Space"
YouTube - THE ROBINSONS: LOST IN SPACE Unsold 2004 Pilot Part 1

And original network promotional advertizment by CBS to sell the original series
YouTube - Lost in Space - Network Sales Presentation

Hillarious TV ad with Robot, Tobor and the Daleks for a bank call center!
YouTube - ANZ Bank With Lost in Space Robot
Google Adsense