PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 11-22-2015, 10:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
John, I am near Lichfield which is a bit over 50 miles off, I do not have a printer right now because I have not had the need for one and frankly the cost of the cheaper printers is offset by the higher cost inks. Some of the expensive printers turn out to be cheaper in terms of whole life cost when this is taken into account. Better quality is a side benefit. There are other reasons why which I will not go into but really not an option to increase complications.
Jim, I have looked at marcle models and it is a bit like the comparison between bulletin boards and forums. The site gives no details of each kit, something the average European site does in spades and the catalogue demonstrates the model with a picture of the actual vehicle rather than a completed model. I do not want to be able to return things that turn out not to be what I want, I would rather just get something that meets my needs straight off.
If this sounds like I am just whinging for the sake of it I apologise, I would like to purchase a larger sized tank model for preference and with a fair degree of detail and looking online I am not able to do this.
Old 11-22-2015, 10:51 AM

Just a quick added point, last time I tried to make a payment on ecardmodels.com I got a response that prey pal had refused to deal with my credit card and when I asked they told me I had to get an account if I wanted to proceed with the transaction. NOT going to be held to ransom by a bunch of..........This transmission has been discontinued, please try again later.
Old 11-22-2015, 12:49 PM

Sorry guys, it might seem that I am asking a question and shooting down the replies because they are not perfect. Not the intention but it would be nice if there were a resource within the UK where these models can be seen as they are and buy them in sterling without prey pal getting a look in. It may also seem that I am blind to what others see as a positive in the market but that also is a misconception which I do not have the ability to disprove. Perhaps someone can remove this entire thread. If folk want me off the forum I will not argue, have a good week guys.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 296.90 MB
Mike1158,
I too will not use prey pal for reasons of my own.
I don't especially like to pay through them either.
Old 11-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
Who said anything about wanting you off the forum Mike? Nothing wrong with opposing views.
Google Adsense
Old 11-23-2015, 04:25 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.54 GB
I HATE preypal/Pay-the-bay too
Lost two kits I Won and NO resolution!!
Seller Closed account shortly after win!!!

If a seller can not accept a Money order, I don't deal with them!!
Of course, Most Paper Moder sellers are in Europe or Asia,
so I can Not use Money order for them!!

I use US Postal Money orders so that of I do not receive the purchase,
I have them to back me up leading to At the Least getting my purchase,
Money refunded or seller arrested!!!!!!!!!

Currently US Postal service International MO is ONLY good in Canada & Mexico!!!

I Have seen preypal/pay-the-bay gift/credit cards for sale in many stores
That MIGHT be a way to use it without having to create an account online.
BUT..............
Who is the Guarantor behind that????
Also, are these sold in other countries???
Old 11-23-2015, 05:35 AM

Elliot, just knackered lately mate, you know what it's like when things are a little heavy and I overthink things too. Sorry guys have a good week.
Old 11-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 6.51 GB
No problem Mike. Happens to all of us. Hope you have a better week.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stamper View Post
Mike,

Following Whulsey's comments I've checked an old friend's site and found quite a few tanks etc. Try Untitled Document

On the subject of Paypal - my question is why not PayPal? There are a few technical reasons for using them. The main one being cost. Even if you are buying from overseas they will charge your card in GBP therefore no commission from your card issuer. Paypal also use current exchange rates and don't add a fee. From the buyers point of view there are no charges, these are paid by the seller. You could add the point that you don't have to give your card details to someone you don't know.

One last -smile - One of the directors at Paypal used to be my boss at Visa - he was head of the security aspect of credit cards ;-)))

If you take the plunge you could go wild and give the following site a try
???????? ???????

cheers
Mike
i have always used paypal when buying from model sites and never had an issue with them.indeed on the one occasion i had a problem buying from a forum member paypal refunded me when goods were not received and seller did not communicate on the matter.i certainly always use paypal when buying from the dutch sites as they like it.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
Sorry guys, it might seem that I am asking a question and shooting down the replies because they are not perfect. Not the intention but it would be nice if there were a resource within the UK where these models can be seen as they are and buy them in sterling without prey pal getting a look in. It may also seem that I am blind to what others see as a positive in the market but that also is a misconception which I do not have the ability to disprove. Perhaps someone can remove this entire thread. If folk want me off the forum I will not argue, have a good week guys.
i used to buy from marcle when i was in uk.just a suggestion but if you see a model you like in their catalogues which i agree are basic ask about the model on here for a reveiw.chances are someone has made it at sometime
Google Adsense