PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 05-28-2016, 07:55 AM

Total Downloaded: 68.1 KB
Thanks for attempting to help. My problem is with the parts referred to in the instructions as "TOWER" and TOWER TOP". Assembly instructions-page 2, 7th paragraph down. Starts with "Now cut out the tower on parts page 2". My confusion starts with "Fold the grey tab downward and then downward between all eight side panels". And then "glue the grey tab to the opposite side panel". I don't understand any of that. This all has to do with the TOWER. The instructions involving the TOWER TOP are also confusing to me but maybe if I could figure out the TOWER, the rest would make more sense. Thanks again for your help...
Ron
Old 05-28-2016, 08:27 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
For the tower:
Quote:
Fold the gray tab DOWNWARD and then fold DOWNWARD between all
eight side panels.
The gray tab is that long glue tab at the top as the part is laid out on the page. Make a mountain fold between the glue tab and the tower side (fold down).

Fold downward between all eight side panels means to make a mountain fold along the black solid line that is between each of the eight sections of the tower.

Glue the gray tab to the opposite side panel means to glue that long gray glue tab to the back of the bottom side panel (as the part is laid out on the parts sheet)to close the tube. That will result in an eight sided long angular cone looking tower thingy. Pictures 9, 10, and 11 in the instructions give an indication of what the tower should look like.

It helps in making folds if you run a blunt instrument of some kind along the fold lines. That is called scoring. A dull knife, empty ball point pin, or what ever you have handy and are comfortable with.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:29 AM

Cool... I think I am starting to get it. I was trying to make all those instruction have to do with the top of the tower, where the "tower top" is to be installed. Let me go back to work. I'm sure there will be more questions... Thanks much!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:29 AM

Well I finished the lighthouse. I think I am going to enjoy this. So what do I do next? I like lighthouses. Maybe a little step up from the model I just did but not too much. Could you recommend something, downloadable or... I don't mind the idea of spending some $. I need good instructions... in English. Thanks again for all the help on the haunted lighthouse.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:50 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.24 GB
Dear Ron:
Welcome to the forum and you have picked a nich of paper modeling in Lighthouses. First look through the download section for tips and tricks to get up to speed on what is universal to all paper modeling, Then Use your search engine for papermodels lighthouses, or Card Models Light Houses then comes non english Language stuff Like Bastelbogan Lighthouses. You will find lots from free. Fiddlersgreen Site has a fair number for sale in the $3.00 to $8.00 range. Just search Paper models Fiddlersgreen.
Good Luck,
Miles
Google Adsense
Old 05-29-2016, 12:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Paper Shipwright has free Lighthouses.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:32 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yep, Paper Shipwright has a bunch of lighthouses. Some are free, some are for purchase. Prices are in GBP.
Paper Shipwright Lighthouses
Old 05-29-2016, 09:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 117.66 MB
How about trying some of the buildings on the Cannon website?

They have great instructions and generally build up very well. Cannon models are always a great place to start.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:45 PM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
I think FiddlersGreen might have a couple of their lighthouses available as free models when you register. https://www.fiddlersgreen.net/user/signUp

Also, do a search on the forum here for 'lighthouse' and you should find several that we haven't mentioned.

Don't forget to check out Mauther's blog, PAPERMAU: Search results for lighthouse
Old 05-30-2016, 08:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Mauther's is a fantastic web site. I visit that one quite frequently and never cease to be amazed what is available there, both his own designs what he has available else where. I have this lighthouse printed out have yet to start it.
Google Adsense

Tags
lighthouse, model, paper, ravensblight, website