PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 01-10-2016, 12:51 PM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Sorry to hear about the attitude of the police. I've pretty much given up on the whole "justice" system and now usually just ask God to bless them according to their deeds.
Old 01-11-2016, 11:06 AM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Unfortunately, Facebook will only allow owners of the copyright to report the page...which needs to be done. Let the designers know of the page so they can report it and fill out the copyright claim form on the facebook help page.

Edit for some info I found:
If the designers won't respond and comments are being deleted, I suggest (if you want) contacting the facebook store application company (ShopTab) and submitting a complaint via the "contact us" link located at the bottom of the store application website. To get there, scroll to the bottom of the store tab and click on "Powered by ShopTab" then "Contact Us" at the bottom of that page. Their terms of services clearly indicate "You agree that you shall not use the Service to: make available any content, product or service that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party;"
I sent in a complaint with links to where the models can be had for free, in print or downloaded.

Last edited by 3Turner; 01-11-2016 at 11:34 AM.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:55 PM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post
... scroll to the bottom of the store tab and click on "Powered by ShopTab" then "Contact Us" at the bottom of that page.
Good find! I've submitted a message as well. Hopefully they'll do something about it.
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Old 01-12-2016, 12:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 16.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Turner View Post

Edit for some info I found:
If the designers won't respond and comments are being deleted, I suggest (if you want) contacting the facebook store application company (ShopTab) and submitting a complaint via the "contact us" link located at the bottom of the store application website. To get there, scroll to the bottom of the store tab and click on "Powered by ShopTab" then "Contact Us" at the bottom of that page. Their terms of services clearly indicate "You agree that you shall not use the Service to: make available any content, product or service that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party;"
I sent in a complaint with links to where the models can be had for free, in print or downloaded.

Does this mean that Facebook is also in violation of any copyright laws, or they are only the middle man?

Moshe
Old 01-13-2016, 01:14 PM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe View Post
Does this mean that Facebook is also in violation of any copyright laws, or they are only the middle man?

Moshe
I would imagine not if they are not made aware by the copyright owner.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2016, 06:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 171.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe View Post

Moshe
Facebook is only the middle man. They put in their Terms of Service a disclaimer to essentially say they are not held responsible for the posts or activities of people who sign up and use their services.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:42 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.90 MB
This Hong Kong "gentleman" in question has an eBay shop as well, selling a selection of "his" models there too.

Within each item description he even states, that he made this item himself and owns the license to sell this item on auction sites such as eBay and that this item does not infringe on any copyrights, trademarks, and/or intellectual property rights ......

I left some comments on several JSC models, but they were deleted shortly after.
Looks like iīm even on his blacklist, canīt comment anymore
Anyhow, i have forwarded both shop links to JSC and MODELIK (the only models i could positivly identify).
So far JSC is looking into it already. Hopefully they succeed at least.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Yes, search for Paper Model Castle on eBay and you get a lot of listings that are pdf files being sold from China. Someone from Hong Kong in particular. Those files are scans of printed models from many different publishers. There are also a lot of pdf files of models being sold that can be downloaded for free legitimately from various sites.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 98.87 MB
Here. i did a lil general Q and A as a "POSSIBLE" Customer interested in some paper models. i got him to e-mail my OTHER personal e-mail. email him to your hearts content lol.

[email protected]

Shane "ThePaperGuy" Webb
Old 01-15-2016, 02:56 PM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Some progress... now instead of saying "Indy's Paper Model Store" he's calling it "Indy's Paper Model Zone" and calling it a "paper model share place". He's deleted all comments with links to the free models, though, and hasn't provided links of his own, so even though you now have to ask for his website to be able to actually buy from him, I have no doubt he's still trying to sell these models.

At least it's more difficult now, for potential buyers to get to the point where they're actually giving him money.
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Google Adsense

Tags
page, facebook, property, models, selling, message, intellectual, choices, select, zealot, forum, uhu02, directly, months, response, give, indication, reported, block, reporting, items, lot, stuff, downloaded, free