PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 01-11-2016, 01:15 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
$75.00 puts it out of my reach. You have to remember I'm cheap or on a fix beget. wc
Old 01-11-2016, 03:29 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Personally, I'd like to make this model accessible and affordable to anyone who wanted it but the options are limited.

ecardmodels is familiar with the .PDF unfortunately Chris doesn't handle large format prints.

The second option would be to go to a print shop and have another 20 copies reproduced but I can't afford the initial investment.

A third option might be to contact the new PMI and see if they could reproduce them, but again I don't have their contact information.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:33 PM

Total Downloaded: 436.97 MB
Send a message via Skype™ to SJPONeill
Perhaps Ecardmodels might reconsider if the listing was clearly marked that the file needs to be printed on a large format printer or taken to a print shop..? The sheet size looks just over A3 so possible even the increasingly common A3 home printers might nor be able to manage it at 1/100 but I'd be wanting it on A2 anyways so I could build it in 1/72...
Old 01-11-2016, 04:15 PM

Total Downloaded: 75.37 MB
I have an Epson WF-7510 which can print 12 x18. Do it all the time basically to get A3 sheets. The other WF 7000 series printers should also be able to handle this size.

Would be interested in the model.

Fred
Old 01-11-2016, 04:22 PM
Eternal Member

Location: Pacifica, Calif. near the coast over looking the Pacific Ocean near San Francisco
Total Downloaded: 842.88 MB
I'm stuck at A4 if that's 8.5 x 11. wc
Google Adsense
Old 01-12-2016, 12:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 210.47 MB
I have seen Lue's build of the original model and have also seen the un-built newer version. The newer version is a masterpiece. the model is essentially an extremely accurate 3d drawing. Fred's attention to details are accurate down to the correct colors discovered from the study of the raised Monitor.

As for the cost most of the latest GPM and Halinski capital ships are selling for $60 to $90 so $75 is not out of line for a model as well researched and detailed as this Monitor is.

Just wish I had a large format printer...

Jim Nunn
Old 01-12-2016, 07:28 AM
Design Admin

Total Downloaded: 11.54 MB
Would love to sell it but the large format only would be killer I think. Given the number and detail of parts I dont think many would be able to build it if the pages were just shrunk. If someone with the desire and skill set could split it up into letter size somehow... but that would also introduce some seams in the build... catch 22!
Chris
Old 01-12-2016, 09:58 AM

Total Downloaded: 34.87 MB
When I returned to card modeling and ran into difficulty finding a good print shop, I did a lot of research and eventually purchased an Epson Workforce WF-7610 wide format printer for under $150 US. The output quality far exceeds that of any printer I previously owned and it could easily produce your model at full size. One hundred sheets of suitable card stock runs about $25 US.

Five years ago I spent $300 US for model and after market parts to build a single 1/32 scale Stuka. Most of the IPMS guys I once knew had made similar expenditures for a dream project at least once. Ship builders, in particular, were often ready to lay out a lot of money for a highly desired subject. A decent plastic kit costs $30-$70 US these days, not including after market parts and supplies.

To wit, some modelers have enough time, disposable income, and suitable equipment to tackle big and expensive projects. I doubt you would sell more than a handful of this kit, but if your goal is to get the model out there and built, I predict at least a few crafters would rise to the challenge.

There is a downside. As model accessibility goes up and price goes down, the probability of piracy increases. Right now, the high price and low accessibility of your model very probably shield it from piracy. Throw it out there in PDF format at a lower price and that will change. You must balance your own desire to see your creation built against your own tolerance for disrespect and fraud at the hands of pirates.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:37 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
My hope would be that the price of this model might flush a few more of the 14 unaccounted for copies out of the woodwork and into the market place bringing the price down.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:38 AM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
There's always Kickstarter...
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Google Adsense

Tags
produced, prototype, model, supply, price, twenty, demand, images, $55, marketed, prints, original, assembled, highly, rare, extremely, detailed, surprised, pmi, decrease, market, unaccounted, fourteen, print, expect