PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 11-16-2016, 08:09 AM

Total Downloaded: 302.42 MB
I haven't built one of Alfonso's shuttles, but it's unusual in my experience that an AXM kit fits together poorly. All his launch vehicles I've built went together really well.

Les (The Voice of Authority)
Old 11-16-2016, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.91 GB
I tried to build it a long time ago when it first came out. I had so much trouble building it I gave up.I would read about everyone else building it and they seem to have no problem with it at all. so I thought it was just me. Glad to here maybe it wasn't me.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:18 AM

Total Downloaded: 271.84 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin_King View Post
How difficult would it be to convert the Delta 7 Studios Columbia to a Discovery?
http://www.delta7studios.com/columbia.htm
It's not that hard, depending on how picky you are about the details. I've done it already, but haven't built it yet. (see attached)

@airdave - the nose cone on the AXM shuttles has always been one of my biggest disappointments with the model. I never got as far in the build as you did so I can't speak to the other issues, but I've been trying to figure out what the right solution is for the nose. Maybe steal the pattern from the Delta 7 Columbia?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf discoverymod.pdf (3.50 MB, 27 views)
Current builds: Mirco Firefly Serenity 1:96, Saturn V 1:72
ADD victims: WM Columbia 1:100, AXM Atlas V 1:300, OBP Spruce Goose, Uhu02 X-Wing... and many others
Old 11-16-2016, 11:59 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Well, there's a few for you to pick from already Dave. Among my collection, apart from the AXM series, the only one that would maybe suit your skills is maybe the 1:150 Paper Replika Atlantis + Launch stack.

Scissors&Planes (Bruno) does one at 1:300, which will probably be more suited for what I'm looking for, or there's the 1:260 ABC Raketoplan + Stack that I did unsuccessfully start on.

There is simple one page shuttle (No Stack) at Papertoys.com The nose does look better on that one as it's a petal design.

I also have a 2004 Shuttle Stack by Roberto Falini (about 10" tall) and another 6" simple shuttle that I think goes with it, but there's no designer's name on that sheet.

So, back to you to make yer choice mate. For me, I'm happy to continue with the ABC one when my fingers will let me, but I shall certainly be following up Bruno's one as that is already in the right 1:300 scale, and I am very familiar with his ways of working.