PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 09-03-2016, 06:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 102.95 MB
Battleship pictures

Hi All, I came across this Russian forum devoted to warships. It is the best source of pictures of Russian pre-dreadnoughts I have come across, and everything is organised by ship very nicely. There are some ships that are of interest to me in which I thought I had found every possible photo on the internet, but I found many new ones here.
All of the worlds major navies are also represented, and once again I found new pictures of ships that I thought I had exhausted in image searches.
It is in Russian of course, but google chrome automatically translated it so it was easy to navigate.
I thoroughly recommend it to anyone with an interest in old warships, particularly pre-dreadnoughts
Форум

Robert
Google Adsense
Old 09-03-2016, 07:05 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
A good resource. Many thanks for posting this, Robert.

Don
Old 09-03-2016, 08:36 AM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, Robert.

What a terrific site. With a little patience, and a few key strokes, the photographs can be enlarged to a remarkable degree.

After I learned the specific cyrillic alphabet used by the Russians, I was surprised at the many words that are the same or very similar to English. As an example of this, when Czar Nicolas II and his wife Alexandra would write letters to each other, they would write in English, as it was a relatively easy transition from one language to another. The Russian cyrillic alphabet is worth learning.

An excellent site for the pre-dreadnought fan. Thanks.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog