PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 11-15-2016, 03:58 PM

Total Downloaded: 857.34 MB
Heads up on Canon papercraft

Paper Craft - Canon Creative Park

thought i would give this site a heads up.brilliant freebies which up till this week i thought had only simple models.i have built many of there buildings and aircraft before .have been off work awhile so i thought i would download their 'Toy train'to prevent boredom.WOW what a project 21 sheets of parts and 20 of instructions.will post some pictures when done.The same designer-KAIJIWARA has also done a deisel electric loco along with a spirit of st loius and agra fort in india so something for everyone.take a look at his work
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2016, 04:27 PM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
Wow. From the time you've been here Herky, I can't believe you've only just discovered that Canon models can be quite advanced as well as very simple. I suppose that mixing the different grades all together can be a bit confusing, and the illustrations are not always the best. My classic example is their American Short Hair cat. I double sized it, added some fishing line whiskers and put it by a window. It's that realistic that for the last six months next door's Tom cat has been siting outside for an hour a day courting it.

Their Bald Eagle is a work of art too. Double sized it won't be far off full size. I have built it at designed size, but have yet to attempt the bigger one. From what I'm told, their Premium Content models are of exceptional quality, but they are only accessible to owners of Canon Pixma printers. Not sure how they've secured them, but I don't have a Canon printer and have so far failed to crack the access. Toyed with the idea of buying their £30 printer just to get in, but so far I've resisted.
Old 11-15-2016, 04:36 PM

Total Downloaded: 59.62 MB
Right you are, Herky. The Canon collection features degrees of complexity as well as variety of subject matter. The Toy Train may be the most complicated of the models, but the moving models have pretty sophisticated cam-shaft action. Even the ToyTown roller coaster is impressive, with the track placement corresponding to the twists of the ramp.

The greatest disappointment of Canon models, for many members of this forum, is the complete absence of military models. But that disappointment is outweighed by the huge number of good -- and free -- models of other types.
Old 11-15-2016, 06:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 263.00 MB
The hardest part of that Toy Train are the pipes in the front, which require a little head scratching.

Mike
Old 11-15-2016, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
Wow. From the time you've been here Herky, I can't believe you've only just discovered that Canon models can be quite advanced as well as very simple. I suppose that mixing the different grades all together can be a bit confusing, and the illustrations are not always the best. My classic example is their American Short Hair cat. I double sized it, added some fishing line whiskers and put it by a window. It's that realistic that for the last six months next door's Tom cat has been siting outside for an hour a day courting it.

Their Bald Eagle is a work of art too. Double sized it won't be far off full size. I have built it at designed size, but have yet to attempt the bigger one. From what I'm told, their Premium Content models are of exceptional quality, but they are only accessible to owners of Canon Pixma printers. Not sure how they've secured them, but I don't have a Canon printer and have so far failed to crack the access. Toyed with the idea of buying their £30 printer just to get in, but so far I've resisted.
the toy train is certainly the most advanced model from there i have seen but then scrolled through other designs by same guy and downloaded his bullet type train as well.wondered about their premium content also.i only got into their buildings as i found the christchurch cathedral on there that i was looking for following the earthquake few years back that has almost demolished the real thing.

Last edited by herky; 11-15-2016 at 06:45 PM. Reason: add ons
Google Adsense
Old 11-15-2016, 09:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 27.71 MB
I put their Santa and Sleight together last year, they are works of art, look complicated but after careful study and building turn out great!

I'm impressed!

Mike
Old 11-15-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbauer View Post
I put their Santa and Sleight together last year, they are works of art, look complicated but after careful study and building turn out great!

I'm impressed!

Mike
yeah they look frightening but go together really well
Old 11-17-2016, 06:23 PM
Eternal Member

Total Downloaded: 3.69 GB
Herky, Did you notice that the "Toy Train" is not a toy train, it is "The Toy Train"
It is not in the toy section but is listed with the other train by the same designer.
It is a very detailed model of a real train. The history is on the first page of the
instructions. I've passed over this a few times because it looked like a toy. Good find!
Cheers, Bob
Old 11-17-2016, 07:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
I built the Canon Spirit of St Louis a couple years ago. A great model.
The finish is beautiful.

Instructions are a bit different to what you are used to,
but really simple to follow once you get the hang of it.

Old 11-17-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjm View Post
Herky, Did you notice that the "Toy Train" is not a toy train, it is "The Toy Train"
It is not in the toy section but is listed with the other train by the same designer.
It is a very detailed model of a real train. The history is on the first page of the
instructions. I've passed over this a few times because it looked like a toy. Good find!
Cheers, Bob
well its no toy thats for sure,its a challenge but at least the instructions are well done and part placements are similar to the way schreiber do them.am getting there slowly.downloaded high speed train from same designing to try later along with his Agra fort
Google Adsense