PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-19-2019, 12:31 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.02 GB
Now the links go to some sort of unrelated crap.
Old 02-19-2019, 01:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by at6 View Post
Now the links go to some sort of unrelated crap.
A different children's magazine publisher seems to have taken over the Young Technician web site, the new publications are trendy and modern and un-interesting, no paper models.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
here is an archive site with old issues of the magazine as ebooks:

young technician archive
Old 02-19-2019, 07:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
The archive Foute Man gives is an excellent collection of Young Technician Magazine.Архив журнала "Юный Техник" Noting the .ru address I went in with all defences primed, but it does seem to be a safe site.

Complete magazines can be downloaded. Dunno if they all are, but the couple I tried downloaded as .djvu files. I'd never heard of them, but a quick Google told me all about them and also gave me this https://djvu2pdf.com/ which does a good (But not fast) conversion from .djvu to .pdf. Which my PC can read and print from.

Now to start exploring more magazines for interesting cutouts ... there's a lot of them to wade through.
Old 02-19-2019, 09:35 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Fast & compact -
https://windjview.sourceforge.io/
Google Adsense
Old 02-19-2019, 04:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 694.82 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
The archive Foute Man gives is an excellent collection of Young Technician Magazine.€…ив жƒ€нала "Юн‹й Те…ник" Noting the .ru address I went in with all defences primed, but it does seem to be a safe site.

Complete magazines can be downloaded. Dunno if they all are, but the couple I tried downloaded as .djvu files. I'd never heard of them, but a quick Google told me all about them and also gave me this https://djvu2pdf.com/ which does a good (But not fast) conversion from .djvu to .pdf. Which my PC can read and print from.

Now to start exploring more magazines for interesting cutouts ... there's a lot of them to wade through.
afaik the djvu file extension is a kind of container for imagefiles. there is special software to view and convert, but i remember opening djvu files with an imagetool such as irfanview and individual images can be extracted

but to be absolutely sure i'll start reading the info on this page

there are some more magazines available, like Lesha (translated by google as Lefty). you might recognize some ABC models when viewing the magazines.

this collection of magazines can also be found on here. the name of the website says it all, it's a public library, with a lot of magazines about a lot of subjects....

Last edited by Foute Man; 02-19-2019 at 04:23 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:13 PM

Total Downloaded: 185.34 MB
"Wade thru" is right! To quote one of the previous posts "lot of crap". Anytime I see ANYTHING from Russia my malware antenna goes up too. Don't really trust ANYTHING from there anymore, starting with Putin on down.

Felt like I had to jump thru a variety of hoops just to get that weird file format to open. Well thanks for the efforts in posting anyway, don't want to seem like looking a gift horse in the mouth.
Old 02-21-2019, 07:00 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Thank you for the archive URL.
The documentation for SUMATRA, available as a portable program, claims it can open and print from most document archive file formats, including PDF, EPUB, MOBI, DjVU and XPS.
Microsoft has recently announced it has released a sandbox for Win10 which can isolated the browser from the OS, I have no personal experience with it.
Older versions of Windows can use Sandoxie, which prevents programs from making permanent changes to the installed files. I use it with Win7 to isolate the browser, and to test new programs.
As I recall, the YT issues with paper models had a picture of the model on the front cover, but not all pictured models were included in the magazine.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:49 PM

Total Downloaded: 2.88 GB
Thanks for these archive links. May I know are these models orignal design by Russia magazine? Or being shared among other free model site such as minimodels.cz ?

Besides, does anyone know how to translate Russian inside PDF into English?

Many thanks!!