PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 07-18-2017, 01:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
John, you can use Legal size cardstock and either trim it to A4 or just tell your printer it is A4 then print.

You can also order some 9 x 12 medium weight white tagboard from here: https://store.officeworld.com/home.asp and trim it to A4. Do a search for Pacon Tagboard and make sure you go to the page with white medium weight since there are heavy weight and manila colored stuff there too.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:08 PM

Total Downloaded: 211.54 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGay View Post
Don't know what scale I need to print the cockpit graphics to fit. I'll just have to wing-it.
Hmm... I think I can figure out how to print the cockpit.

I'll try to match the back panel graphic to the diameter of the cockpit tunnel in this SF model. Then, the remaining cockpit graphics must be rescaled accordingly and everything should fit properly.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:19 PM

Total Downloaded: 426.34 MB
Didn't realize it was A4 and not Japanese size.
But I've already printed at 95% and I shouldn't have any issues since I used a fixed scale instead of letting Acrobat re-size it for me.
The cockpit interiors, on the other hand will be more difficult since they are JPG's and full page size.
Maybe I could just print UHU's Millennium Falcon cockpit to scale instead (-= 1/12th scale down to 1/95th scale?
Old 07-18-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterX View Post
Hmm... I think I can figure out how to print the cockpit.

I'll try to match the back panel graphic to the diameter of the cockpit tunnel in this SF model. Then, the remaining cockpit graphics must be rescaled accordingly and everything should fit properly.
Now that would be amazingly helpful!!!
Old 07-18-2017, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGay View Post
Now that would be amazingly helpful!!!
The cockpit graphics seem to have been designed for an extra-large model. The cockpit tunnel is around 150mm (6 in) in diameter, and was drawn at 1200 dpi. This is really madness !

This new SF model has only 34 mm in the cockpit tunnel (circumference obtained from part 124), so the rescale factor should be less than 20%. Everything should fit nicely in a single sheet of paper.

Stay tuned
Google Adsense
Old 07-19-2017, 05:53 AM

Well, this is the best I can do.

I collected all these cockpit graphics into one file, and resized everything to set the diameter of the back panel at 34 mm.

Printing this file at DPI scale (or 100% for the PDF) should give the set of small parts needed to build the cockpit.

It may or may not fit the SF model...
Attached Thumbnails
New Millennium Falcon model by Makino Sunichi-cockpit.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cockpit.pdf (116.0 KB, 55 views)
Old 07-19-2017, 05:54 AM

Awesome!
I'm guessing they wanted to have extra detail that could be lost rather than come up short.
I'm also guessing my 95% print shouldn't make much of a difference. Or if you publish as a PDF, I can print that at 95% too. That way your work will stay in scale for the original model.

Thanx again!
Old 07-19-2017, 08:52 AM

Total Downloaded: 488.89 MB
Thank you HamsterX. Now Control wheels and chairs and it will be done.

Extensions for X-wing
Old 08-18-2017, 06:32 AM

Finally got to the cockpit area! The frames are pretty thin and have torn easily. Also had a hard time keeping it straight as I rolled it into shape.
On the bright side, the reduced cockpit fit perfectly! I printed on both card stock and copy paper. The rear wall I cut out of card stock, but the side panels I cut from copy paper and glued them inside the cockpit area! Didn't even try to assemble the console.
Not sure I'll keep this, though. Purely a lack of skill on my part, but I did give it a go, and I'll give it a few days to see if I want to keep it or re-do the cockpit without the interior.
Thanx again HamsterX for resizing this. Sorry I don't have photo's but I don't have a good photo sharing site to use.