PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 01-12-2018, 05:54 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Paper Model of Toy Steam Engine

A vintage paper model of a model steam powered toy engine:
Modellcom - Die etwas andere Modellbahnseite: Modell-Dampfmaschine als Kartonmodell
A nice static display model to put next to your completed Ed Bertschy paper steam engine.
(https://www.isses.org/PaperModel/PaperModel.html)
In case you haven't got your own copy.

Bonus Download compliments of the National Park Service, A History of Mining Machines
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dUzL9ZFYP0k4Al
or
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...wOMoliroyY_0wC

A heavily illustrated book about steam engines published in 1857, everything you need to be a state of the art steam mechanic in the 19th c.
https://books.google.com/books?id=w2...hanism&f=false

Last edited by John Wagenseil; 01-12-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Google Adsense
Old 01-13-2018, 10:34 AM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, John Wagenseil. Some time ago, I built the Toy Steam Engine seen in your first link above. Attached find a few photographs of this interesting Spanish paper model. You mentioned that the Toy Steam Engine, or as the name says on its base, Maquina de Vapor Horizontal, was a, "...nice static display model..." Surprisingly, this paper model was designed to run. The model included parts for a turbine that was to be driven by all things, sand. The paper turbine would be attached to the flywheel and sand would be poured into the funnel and down the smokestack to power the thing. That's the turbine and funnel seen in one of the photos.

I didn't install the turbine, but I did get the flywheel to freewheel and the linkage to the piston to work. All in all an interesting model to build.

Thanks John, for the above link and all the interesting links you find showing us the vintage paper models from our past.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Attached Thumbnails
Paper Model of Toy Steam Engine-img_4267-copy.jpg   Paper Model of Toy Steam Engine-img_4305.jpg   Paper Model of Toy Steam Engine-img_4309.jpg  
Old 06-13-2021, 09:31 PM

Total Downloaded: 0
Hello, I am new here and still learning to navigate the forum, I would Very much like to build the toy steam engine in the first link of this thread. I could not open the file with my phone, and will try on a library computer soon, any advise on how/where to aquire this model would be most appreciated!
Old 06-13-2021, 09:54 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
The link to download the model is listed in the first link(blogspot), and you have the option of A4 or A3 sheet sizes.

I would suggest not to use your phone as a method to download files, the majority of files are in pdf format, and if you have a pdf reader, you should be able to view the file, some of the files come in a compressed file format, zip or rar, and I haven't seen or heard of an app in either mobile OS that will open them, and then there is pdo, the file extension for files that are created in Pepakura, there is no mobile app to read pdo files.
Downloading them from the Library computer, or your own desktop, and printing them will provide usually better results, complete download, and better print quality.

Rick
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 06-14-2021, 02:46 AM

Total Downloaded: 133.91 MB
I totally agree with rickstef.

Just a note: there are different apps for mobiles that can manage the most common compression formats. I'm quite comfortable with 7ZIpper, but it's just a choice.
Old 06-14-2021, 07:31 AM

Thanks for the help! I suspected it was my phone holding me back, I was so happy to have spotted the model as old stationary engines are my Favorite. I will give it a try when I can get to a desk computer.
Old 06-14-2021, 03:15 PM

i was easily able to download and print the model at my local library....I don't suppose anyone has translated the spanish instructions into english? Lol!
i don't think I will need them, but thought I would ask. Many thanks!

Update: the great photos posted of Thumb dog's build answered all my questions and I will not need the translation.

Last edited by Hunterdude; 06-14-2021 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-15-2021, 11:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 219.9 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wagenseil View Post

Bonus Download compliments of the National Park Service, A History of Mining Machines
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dUzL9ZFYP0k4Al

Wow !
Real life steam punk

(p 18 of the gold-steel-ice.pdf)

Now where's VK when you really need him ?

Attached Thumbnails
Paper Model of Toy Steam Engine-steampunk.jpg  
Old 06-15-2021, 12:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 553.70 MB
Hi All,

And hi, Hunterdude. Thanks for your kind words regarding my photographs of the toy steam engine. If you'd like to see a few more pictures and a description of the model, here is the link to my thread:

Paper Models as Propaganda During the Spanish Civil War

I hope this will help in your build.

Score and fold,

Thumb Dog
Old 06-15-2021, 01:04 PM

Total Downloaded: 65.34 MB
Some great finds there, John.
Google Adsense