PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 03-04-2018, 06:22 PM

Total Downloaded: 662.63 MB
I used it on several surfaces and it did not give me problems. I've never used it for that. The self-adhesive metallic adheres very well, the bad thing is that it crumbles very easily.
Old 03-04-2018, 09:59 PM

Location: Northern Bear Flag Republic (Known as Water World in L.A.)
Total Downloaded: 11.99 MB
Singing the Praises of Tooling Foil...,

Tooling Foil has an impressive repertoire of looking like the full scale subject (just cannot beat real aluminum). I've been experimenting with it and found that using full scale techniques can be replicated in scale. A big thank you to YouTube and those kind enough to share their techniques on the world wide web including many members of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA).

Below is a sample of techniques that have been developed to imitate the corrugated surfaces on the Junkers D1 "Tin Donkey" at 1:32 Scale:

The piece that constitutes the leading edge and aerodynamic top was developed from a flat foil strip that was extruded though a CA hardened cardboard form and copper wire armature. Once you "get it" it's a piece of cake though there are some tricks in the art of "getting it"...,

-Gil
Old 03-06-2018, 10:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 662.63 MB
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil View Post
Tooling Foil has an impressive repertoire of looking like the full scale subject (just cannot beat real aluminum). I've been experimenting with it and found that using full scale techniques can be replicated in scale. A big thank you to YouTube and those kind enough to share their techniques on the world wide web including many members of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA).

Below is a sample of techniques that have been developed to imitate the corrugated surfaces on the Junkers D1 "Tin Donkey" at 1:32 Scale:

The piece that constitutes the leading edge and aerodynamic top was developed from a flat foil strip that was extruded though a CA hardened cardboard form and copper wire armature. Once you "get it" it's a piece of cake though there are some tricks in the art of "getting it"...,

-Gil
Bravo!!!!!!
Old 04-01-2019, 11:19 AM

Total Downloaded: 5.43 GB
YS-11 as anniversary model

Hello all,

The homepage of TSMC will be 10 years old. Therefore, there is a model of the Japanese passenger aircraft YS 11 as a gift

kind regards

Sepp