PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 06-28-2018, 12:48 AM

Total Downloaded: 0
Well it ends up been a 780mb download to get all the bikes and how to's from the web page.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:02 AM

Total Downloaded: 648.57 MB
I've just archived all the animals too. I've no interest in Motorbikes... well not Japanese ones anyway. Old Brit bikes still turn me on, but 'er indoors won't let me 'ave one.

Summat to do wiv us both being dependant on MY pensions I think, but I bet she luvs me really.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:13 AM

Total Downloaded: 417.89 MB
That is sad news.
The papercraft motorbikes were stunning models, and all offered for free as well.

I will be downloading as much as I can of the bikes and the other models too.

In progress: Canon Alice in Wonderland Tunnel House, Canon A340, Learning Blender
Old 06-30-2018, 03:43 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
I wonder if Yamaha is closing down the paper model page because they are afraid of accusations of political incorrectness.
There are models of cat heating, goldfish imprisonment, fish hunting and fish scorching which might considered to be inappropriate treatment of animals by some people.
There are some other models on the site which might be questionable, but I will not be more specific because I do not want to open up the worm can (which in itself is a phrase associated with invertebrate abuse, if any moderator knows of a less offensive metaphor, please please put it in as a replacement).
I looked at Yamaha's stock prices, and the company seems healthy, so it probably is not a funding problem that is causing them to abandon paper model promotions; I hope this is not the beginning of a Japan wide trend.
A few years back Thomas Pleiner closed down his excellent paper model forum rather than risk prosecution under some new German legislation.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:32 PM
ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 1.79 GB
Much as Gremir has chosen to close his site due to "updated" tax laws to help the middle class.

Respect the Paper, RESPECT IT!
GET OFF MY LAWN!
Google Adsense
Old 08-19-2018, 02:21 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
Last night, I spent some time downloading the various files, I ended up with 474 files, just a tad over 600MB.
Now to sort them all, the popup cards are already done.

If you are a fan of the SR400, there is a page with 53 other files, all depicting different or special edition gas tanks and seats.
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 08-20-2018, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.34 GB
I cannot find that page, can you post a link to it please?
Old 08-20-2018, 08:17 AM

Total Downloaded: 1.68 MB
I have always regarded their "ultra-realistic" series as basically impossible (for me, at any rate). I cannot in my wildest dreams imagine building one of these. It's like every hard thing in papercraft distilled into one model. But one of my favorite parts of the whole site is Nobutaka Mukouyama (the designer) offering helpful tips on how to do paper modelling:

"The secret to enhance the degree of perfection of paper craft is to never haste in front of ‘paper’ that has full of freedom. You may want to put your hands on immediately, but do not be so hasty, and calm yourself and concentrate.

The finished paper craft reflects 100% of the techniques and skills of who makes it. Your skills and experiences in handling paper, and ability to understand the characteristics of the material straightly become your work. Sharpen your senses, and refine your touches.”

I think I'm going to print that out and put it above my workbench. Sharpen your senses . . . refine your touches . . . never haste in front of paper. That's just absolutely awesome.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:22 AM

Total Downloaded: 582.17 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1158 View Post
I cannot find that page, can you post a link to it please?

Just click on the link in the first post of this thread
Old 08-20-2018, 08:30 AM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Mike, for the 53 SR400 tanks, if you go to the original link posted you will see a picture link for the non ultra realistic bikes. Click on that link and then click on the SR 400 link. On the SR 400 page near the bottom is a picture link of some tanks and a big SR. Click on that to get to the page with the 53 tanks and the assembly instruction pdf link which is in the white triangle near the bottom. The instruction pdf link is the blue button with part1 on it.
Here is the page with the tanks:
SR 400 Tanks
Google Adsense