PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 05-26-2022, 09:16 AM

Total Downloaded: 63.11 MB
It's my pleasure to report that Alan Rose's prototype models, working papers and research materials were delivered to the Strong Museum of Play in Rochester NY on Tuesday 24 May. We were delighted to meet Alan's widow, Anne, and the museum folks made us feel right at home. Along with Alan's materials, I donated a complete set of his published models, and also gave them a binder with Matt Bergstrom's article and some other items. We spent the rest of the morning enjoying the museum with Anne. It was a magical day.

The photo shows us grouped around Alan's Saturn V prototype. Left to right: my wife Mary, me, Anne Rose, Beth Merkle (Director of Libraries) and Julia Novakovic (Senior Archivist). Julia is already thinking that the bookshelf in the background might be a good place to display Alan's DC-3 prototype once it has been conserved.

Alan Rose Estate Items on ebay-strong-museum-05-24-22-sm.jpg
Old 05-28-2022, 06:07 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
This has been a great project, Peter. It's nice to see it reach a happy conclusion.

Don