PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-02-2019, 12:40 AM

Total Downloaded: 56.25 MB
POTEZ 36-14 at 1/66

In 1930, tourism aviation was in full development and the Potez 36 was the perfect illustration. The importance of this new means of transport had yet to be demonstrated.

Two famous French pilots: Lefèvre and Desmazières, decided to carry out, with their two Potez 36 (F-AJZZ and F-ALAC) a real raid whose goal is the island of Madagascar.

The aircraft, strictly standard, have been removed from their safety nozzles (perhaps to increase their manoeuvrability but probably gain in gliding, therefore in speed and, from there, increase their range), and equipped with additional tanks allowing them to fly over 1200km.

Flying from the Parisian airport" Le Bourget "on November 16, 1930, they reached Madagascar on April 8, 1931 after crossing the Sahara and passing through Niger, Tchad, and the countries of the current Democratic Republic of Congo. This was a trip of nearly 15000km, but crossing the Mozambique Canal was done by boat.

This adventure was a great publicity for the Potez 36 and its famous "quiet" character.

As my others models, these two Potez are free downlable on my site

POTEZ 36-14 deux versions - NOS BELLES "PLUMES" DU TEMPS PASSE.

Best regards and many thanks for your interest in my designs (and also in the history of French aeronautics....)
Google Adsense
Old 02-02-2019, 05:03 PM

Total Downloaded: 331.88 MB
Thank you for giving us these magnificent models and information on French aviation. I am still in debt to you, as with many others, I have not built one of your designs. I would only wish that the time were greater for the hobby. Greetings and many Thank you.