PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 02-19-2019, 01:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 56.25 MB
BLERIOT 110 at 1/66 scale

With the Bernard 81GR and Dewoitine D33, the Bleriot 110 is the third "Grand Raid" french aircraft designed to capture the most coveted straight-line or closed circuit distance records of the late 1920s. They respond to a consultation, better known as the "Caquot Program" , (Albert Caquat was the new Technical Director General of this Ministry).
The requirements of this program require the design of extreme aircraft, with technology pushed to its limits, thus stimulating innovation.

I chose to model the Blériot 110 in its ultimate 1935 livery. Its many inscriptions, badges and other patterns make it particularly attractive.

Bleriot 110 Awards

February 28, 1931, Bossoutrot and Rossi returned to France the world record for duration by 75 hours 23 minutes and the world record for distance with 8805 km covered.

March 26, 1932, the same crew set the closed circuit distance record at 10605km in 76h 35mn of flight.

August 7, 1933, Rossi and Codos beat the world record for straight line distance with 9460km in 55h 30m flight from New York to Rayak (Syria)

February 16, 1935, convinced that the possibilities of the Bleriot 110 have not been fully used, it is the attempt of a direct flight France-Chile of 11500km. 1500km from Natal, an oil leak forced the crew to turn around and they landed at Porto Praia in Cape Verde where the aircraft was repaired.
On returning to France, it can be seen that there is still enough fuel in the sealed tanks to cover 1000km, which, added to the 11000km already covered, proves that the raid was not utopian.

However, the plane is doomed. Criticized and the object of multiple jealousies, he could not survive. He then took the path of decay and the cemetery of banned planes.

At the time, the adventure of the Bleriot 110 left no one indifferent, especially the young people, to whose attention the publisher "Le Modèle Exact" proposed a paper model of it....at 1/66!

This aircraft is the very type of French aircraft that I would like to be able to continue to model. A duty of memory of sorts.

As all my models, this one is free downlable on my site, here:
BLERIOT 110 - NOS BELLES "PLUMES" DU TEMPS PASSE.

Best regards.
Google Adsense
Old 02-19-2019, 03:35 PM

Total Downloaded: 4.62 GB
Another vintage French Aeroplane

Merci pour le Bleirot 110 papier maquette.

I found another paper model by the ancient publisher.

CAUDRON C 450 Planche Ã* découper «Â* Edition le modèle exact «Â* du monoplan
It is not possible to do the download and assembly of it, however, it is a view of a paper memorial to another great French aeroplane, the Caudron C 450, and the viewing of the old image perhaps might inspire someone to design and publish a modern paper model of it.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:47 PM

Total Downloaded: 424.90 MB
Another beautiful Golden Age model. Many thanks.

Don
Old 02-19-2019, 05:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
Very beautiful model.
Thank you very much for your generosity.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:51 AM

Total Downloaded: 4.67 GB
great model, excellent subject.
Google Adsense
Old 02-20-2019, 08:56 AM

Total Downloaded: 667.32 MB
I love french designs! There is something special that on the first look you can recognized that it is from France. Pls, some planes which flew maestro Antoine de Saint-Exupéry!
Old 02-20-2019, 01:10 PM

Total Downloaded: 56.25 MB
Thank you for your interest in my models.

Several models of racing Caudron are to be finalized. As for the planes on which Saint Exupery flew, I have in project a Latecoere 28 in the colours of Aeropostale........ but it is not for now!

Best regards.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:53 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
I believe St Ex flew the Caudron Simoun, and crash landed it in the Sahara, providing the beginning point for "Le Petit Prince", as well as material for "Wind, Sand and Stars". I see this is listed as "in preparation" on the site of Pierre G. Possibly also your design? Thank you for the beautiful Bleriot.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:16 PM

Total Downloaded: 614.80 MB
And thank you John Wagenseil for the link to the Eric Caudron auction site. Eric must be related to the aircraft manufacturer. Not only an old paper model, but if you explore the left and right arrows, there is a wonderland of French aviation and air racing memorabilia up for auction: a 1936 Caudron catalogue of all their aircraft for example. My favorites are #62 - signed print of the Codos and Rossi Bleriot 110 in flight, along with a letter they carried, #58 a photo of the heroic aviator Mermoz, #12, ~70 color prints of aircraft by Herge, the artist of Tintin, and #49, a radiator cap in the shape of the Supermarine S5 racer . What fun!