PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 07-22-2009, 01:05 PM

Total Downloaded: 567.16 MB
Canon Chinese Dragon

Here is the Chinese Dragon from Canon - Lucky Items. It is around 11 inches/28 cm tall X 17 inches/43 cm long.

It went together easy. You have to remember to use the Right Hind Leg as labeled on the parts sheet as the actual Left Front Leg; and use the Left Front Leg as labeled on the parts sheet as the actual Right Hind Leg when building the model.

A fun feature with the model is that you can remove the dragon from the base if you do not glue the supports (Attachments 1 and Attachment 2) to the inside of the foot/leg assemblies.

I tried using one of those thick foam cored emory boards to file off some of the more obvious dashed fold lines, then used Prang colored pencils to color in the areas. It worked out OK, but there sure is a lot of those big, fat, ugly, obvious dashed fold lines messing up what are some nice looking graphics.
The same pencils were used to edge the model.
Attached Thumbnails
Canon Chinese Dragon-dragonlfull.jpg   Canon Chinese Dragon-dragonrfull.jpg   Canon Chinese Dragon-dragonlangle.jpg   Canon Chinese Dragon-dragonrangle.jpg  
Google Adsense
Old 07-22-2009, 01:20 PM
cModerator

Total Downloaded: 37.66 MB
Send a message via AIM to cMags
Looks good! I built this at two-pages-per-sheet and still ended up with a good size model - about 11-12" long. I don't remember having any problem with the part labels, but it is possible that since I built the legs separately that once they were built, I just attached them by obvious sight and what was labeled wrong on the parts went to the right spot anyway.

Either way, Canon's models are great. You did a nice clean job there!
Put on hold build (someday I'll finish): F-35A Lightning II 1:72
Previous builds: cMags' Card Model Builds
Old 07-22-2009, 01:25 PM

Total Downloaded: 125.24 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCEtoAUX View Post
Here is the Chinese Dragon from Canon - Lucky Items. It is around 11 inches/28 cm tall X 17 inches/43 cm long.

It went together easy. You have to remember to use the Right Hind Leg as labeled on the parts sheet as the actual Left Front Leg; and use the Left Front Leg as labeled on the parts sheet as the actual Right Hind Leg when building the model.

A fun feature with the model is that you can remove the dragon from the base if you do not glue the supports (Attachments 1 and Attachment 2) to the inside of the foot/leg assemblies.

I tried using one of those thick foam cored emory boards to file off some of the more obvious dashed fold lines, then used Prang colored pencils to color in the areas. It worked out OK, but there sure is a lot of those big, fat, ugly, obvious dashed fold lines messing up what are some nice looking graphics.
The same pencils were used to edge the model.
You ... followed ... the instructions?

It looks beautiful!
Old 07-22-2009, 02:17 PM

Thank you kindly, gents.
Yep, followed the 'destructions' as my father would say. :D
It does make into a nice looking model. Highly recommended for those that know someone who likes dragons.

As long as you get the right front paw in place to hold the pearl the other legs and paws do go in logical positions. Should not pose any major problems in the building of the model.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:12 PM

Total Downloaded: 45.66 MB
I have wanted to build that. It surely is a beautiful model and your photo shows no evidence of the construction lines.

I have suggested in another thread that everyone go to the Canon Creative Park site and email them with a request to provide parts with no lines for advanced modelers.

They provide a "contact us" email link on the home page. You never know what dozens of voices can accomplish.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:23 AM

Yep, I used that link you posted and left a suggestion that they try to tone down the fold lines on the graphics and perhaps put fold guides outside the graphics on the parts sheets.

Those thick foam core nail file emory board thingies (that is how I asked at the beauty supply shop :D ) work real good for removing those lines and help in shaping some parts on some models. I used the extra fine and fine ones on the dragon. I did not remove all of the lines, just some in the light colored areas that would be more noticable. Seemed to work out good.