PaperModelers.com

Go Back   PaperModelers.com > Card Models > Found it on the internet

Old 04-13-2019, 12:46 PM

Total Downloaded: 53.69 MB
Model space

Anyone ever see this site? Nice models but expensive. Maybe nice material than paper but EXPENSIVE! I have seen paper models that equal these but not with the extras they offer.
https://www.model-space.com/us/
Google Adsense
Old 04-13-2019, 01:15 PM
ETERNAL ADMINISTRATOR

Total Downloaded: 683.37 MB
Send a message via Yahoo to rickstef Send a message via Skype™ to rickstef
subscription based modeling

most models are over $1000 when the whole kit is complete, the DB5 is something like 1300 bucks
"The weak point of the modern car is the squidgy organic bit behind the wheel." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear's Race to Oslo
Old 04-13-2019, 06:37 PM

Total Downloaded: 195.36 MB
I've never been a fan of these subscription based models, no matter how good they look.

They're charging a total of $1875 for the X-Wing with extra details, $1625 without the extras. That works out to $2600 AU at the current exchange rate, not to mention having to wait 25 months for all the parts to arrive... No thanks.

Yes the model looks great, but so do some of the paper kits available, all of which are free, let alone the fact you could still build a spectacular looking plastic kit for a fraction of that cost, complete with the fibre optic lights etc.

I'd be interested to know how many of these kits they actually sell.

Currently Building: Angraf M1070/M1000
Old 04-14-2019, 06:53 AM

Total Downloaded: 652.45 MB
From what I've read, this models are somehow more popular in Europe than in the rest of the world.

Last year there was a discussion here on PM about their Millennium Falcon: For Real Star Wars Fans Only

My personal position is that yes, they look really nice and impressive. But I doubt if time and money are worth it given all the issues those kits have.
But surely people who have the money and like the subject don't think twice... or go to buy some more detailed big scale kits (Pocher, Autoart, etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffro View Post
...I'd be interested to know how many of these kits they actually sell.
They make tests to see if the kit sells. They usually release a couple of issues in specific places to test the audience.

Some kits sell very well in many places, like the Red Baron Fokker Dr.1 which was a success where it was available.

Apparently other great sellers are the Jaguar E-Type and the James Bond Austin (of course, being British icons, sold well in the UK).

But other subjects are quite more difficult. While the real Renault 12 was a popular icon in Argentina in the 70s and is still highly appreciated by the people, the kit sold so poorly there that its distribution was cancelled after just a couple of months. Now the only option for the few Argentinians who started building it is to import the monthly issues from Europe. But I wonder if anyone would do that.

So, in the end it depends on many factors.